stupid FMOD question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stupid FMOD question

ok, personally, I've never liked winamp for a number of reasons, but installed it to start with for my RR installation because it's really not that bad and I had used it before.

Now I'd like to give FMOD a try since I've never seen it. I consider myself fairly adept with computers, but I was completely thrown off by FMOD. I installed FMOD and opened up the folder to start the player to give it a test drive.... but where's the player??? All I see are a bunch of header, library, dll and c++ files, etc. I can't remember the last time I felt this completely inept sitting in front of a computer.

I hope this is a very simple question.

Edit: I guess I should clarify I've only installed FMOD on my home computer to see if it was something I wanted to transfer to my carpc.

in rr.ini,
    player=FmodRR

you must have FmodRR.dll registered, for more details have a look to the last official release from guino. be aware that most skins are setup to use winamp, along with some plugins and scripts.
    BASSRR ==> [Audio Player/MusicDB/Cd Player/Ripper/Rate/Internet Radio/Audio Capture/Youtube Video]
    RRTube ==> [View/Download Youtube Videos]
    WifiMan ==> [Wifi Manager]
    RRec ==> [Audio Capture]

If You Want To Be Given Everything, Give Everything Up ...
    Bird York -- In The Deep --

Comment

I don't believe FMOD has a stand alone player. I guess you can consider it a plugin.

I could be wrong though

Comment

the fmod uses windows to play files and doesn't use wmp either..
        RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
        Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
        Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
        RRMedia
        RRExtended
        DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

Working...