Question for RR users.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for RR users.

Recently my system started to do this weird thing were when I come out of hibernation I have to touch the screen once for CF to start playing or doing anything for that matter. I was wondering if RR users have ever encountured this issue? If yes, how did you fix it? Flux tells us that it isnt their software, but an issue with Windows not sending out the Resume Command, but i dont understand what would cause my system to all of a sudden do this. I think I also read that its a .NET issue.

I tried googling this issue, but it doesnt seem to come up at all. i am hoping maybe some of you guys have had this issue and found a way to defeat it. Any help would be appreciated.
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

Can't say I've encountered anything like that.
    Pico-ITX / XP Home with EWF-HORM / RR v12/02/2009 / Winamp v5.13 / RRMedia v1.2.2

Comment

Originally posted by HiJackZX1 View Post
      Recently my system started to do this weird thing were when I come out of hibernation I have to touch the screen once for CF to start playing or doing anything for that matter. I was wondering if RR users have ever encountured this issue? If yes, how did you fix it? Flux tells us that it isnt their software, but an issue with Windows not sending out the Resume Command, but i dont understand what would cause my system to all of a sudden do this. I think I also read that its a .NET issue.

I tried googling this issue, but it doesnt seem to come up at all. i am hoping maybe some of you guys have had this issue and found a way to defeat it. Any help would be appreciated.
      There was/is an issume regarding this in a few threads.

Search for hibernation and resume issues.

I used to have in on my old install, but my neew one doesn't do it.

It must be a driver issue with some soundcards and/or video cards.

Comment

yup i've got the same issue right now.. it resumes, but everything freezes til i click the screen. Then my serial ports come back to lifea nd everything starts moving again. I've got the d201gly.
        mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
        Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
        Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
          There was/is an issume regarding this in a few threads.

Search for hibernation and resume issues.

I used to have in on my old install, but my neew one doesn't do it.

It must be a driver issue with some soundcards and/or video cards.
          You could be right.... i recently started having an issue with my onboard graphics. I have dual displays and for some reason after hibernation the desktop and all icons would be on the rear screen, I would have to sit there and keep telling it to switch display, then it would say that it switched but it still was on the rear screen. I think a full reformat is in order, I have so many devices with so many drivers. Thanks for helping me focus on what it could be.

PS: I have 4 serial port devices, maybe i should try disconnecting everything and see if it happens?

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
          4X MK808b
          3x Perixx Touchpads
          3x 7 inch Screens
          1x Win 7 PC

Comment

its HW / Driver related

good luck, a buch of people have this problem.. i have NEVER seen any solution
            nor do i know if its really a PROBLEM, or just the way it works
            if anything its an annoyance

mitch
            -Thanks
            Mitch
            www.rush2112.net

"Did you test it in carwings??"

Sun, Come shine my way
            May healing waters bury all my pain
            Wind, Carry me home
            The fabric of reality is tearing apart
            The piece of me that died
            Will return To live again

Comment

yes definitely a driver.. during my reinstall i did not have this issue with resume.. after hooking up all my equip it came back

Comment

I recently started having this happen to my TabletPCs also. I suspect one of the Microsoft XP Security updates changed something.
                HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

This really sux and I cant tell you how ****ed off I am. I spent so much money on this install and it worked perfectly, and now I have to touch the screen all the time. I know to most its not a big deal, but I want to get this car to a car show type status and this issue makes my system feel like its a Mickey Mouse system. I pray a full reinstall does it....

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                  4X MK808b
                  3x Perixx Touchpads
                  3x 7 inch Screens
                  1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Originally posted by GizmoQ View Post
                    I recently started having this happen to my TabletPCs also. I suspect one of the Microsoft XP Security updates changed something.
                    I had some MS updates on my PC yesterday, on reboot I had no sound through winamp.

AccessControls sounds were fine.

Video soundtrack was fine through road runner

just the music couldn't be heard.

Re-installed winamp, all good.

Comment

Road Runner already addresses this problem with some flags, I forget what I did exactly inside my RR.ini file but it made the D201GLY2A work properly when coming out of hibernation without having to touch anything.

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/1207794-post26.html

Comment

hibernateaware=false USED to solve it.. but it doesnt anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
                          hibernateaware=false USED to solve it.. but it doesnt anymore
                          I had to use a combination of RR flags to make it work, but it does work.

Comment

I have the same problem. Music will resume fine but with hd radio I have to touch the screen before it clicks on. I was thinking it was a skin related issue.
                            "Who run Barter Town?"

Comment

It looks like this can be caused by a huge number of things.... I guess the only way to find out is to restore and install each device one by one. Once I find out what device is causing the issues, I can go from there.

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                              4X MK808b
                              3x Perixx Touchpads
                              3x 7 inch Screens
                              1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Working...
                              X