No announcement yet.

embed application using MENU (not LOAD)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• embed application using MENU (not LOAD)

two questions:

1) i have a second gps screen that i want to pop-up (command: MENU;external_gps2.skin). i cant get the gps to embed on that screen. BUT, if i switch MENU with LOAD, it works fine. any way aroudn tihs?

2) i am embedding this GPS full-screen and i have a little flash button i made that will escape from the screen. i also cant get this to be ON TOP OF the embedded GPS screen.

i have iguidance 4.0 if that matters.... thanks for any help

have you tried this with the OVERLAY plug in? I've got the GPS embedded, and then the buttons float on top, but there are two screens worth of them. That will probably do what you need to.

The menu command is not made to load a skin with an app embedded, that's why that isn't working.
    2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser TE
    Car PC Progress:
    Planning.......[---------X-] 95%
    Parts...........[---------X-] 90%
    Fabrication...[---------X-] 90%
    RR Skin........[---------X-] 95%
    View my
    Worklog
    Road Runner Skins
    Website
    Favorite thread EVER!

Comment

i am not familiar with the overlay plug-in. ive heard of it, but never taken the time to look into it or dig any deeper. who makes it

Comment

here's the thread:

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/rr-p...en-loader.html

example:

or:

and:

In the first example, the buttons are overlayed over IG, in the second, pressing the right arrow button closes the first overlay, and loads the second overlay, and vice-versa with the left arrow...

so there's a lot of possibilities with it.
        There are some issue with it, like text labels align left only, and they show smaller than the same font size from RR, and you can't have more than one at a time, and only labels really work, so no sliders, or indicators, etc...
        2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser TE
        Car PC Progress:
        Planning.......[---------X-] 95%
        Parts...........[---------X-] 90%
        Fabrication...[---------X-] 90%
        RR Skin........[---------X-] 95%
        View my
        Worklog
        Road Runner Skins
        Website
        Favorite thread EVER!

Comment

Originally posted by tundra2000 View Post
          two questions:

1) i have a second gps screen that i want to pop-up (command: MENU;external_gps2.skin). i cant get the gps to embed on that screen. BUT, if i switch MENU with LOAD, it works fine. any way aroudn tihs?

2) i am embedding this GPS full-screen and i have a little flash button i made that will escape from the screen. i also cant get this to be ON TOP OF the embedded GPS screen.

i have iguidance 4.0 if that matters.... thanks for any help
          i was thinking in adding flash support, the only issue i found is that the transparency dos not work.
          BASSRR ==> [Audio Player/MusicDB/Cd Player/Ripper/Rate/Internet Radio/Audio Capture/Youtube Video]
          RRTube ==> [View/Download Youtube Videos]
          WifiMan ==> [Wifi Manager]
          RRec ==> [Audio Capture]

If You Want To Be Given Everything, Give Everything Up ...
          Bird York -- In The Deep --

Comment

Working...
          X