Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, where is this sample plug-in source quino is talking about?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, where is this sample plug-in source quino is talking about?

i read faq of creating a plug-in for RR. It sounds like he made a sample plug in proj and made it available for public. Can anyone tell me where i can find it? Or, can anyone help me building a plugin for kmplayer by sharing your source? I just wanna take look at it and see if i can give a shot at making one.

Thanks..

oh.. that's where it's hiding.. Thanks E.

Comment

the example one that you'd probably want to use is in the winamp folder. That one is the one that would use the std RR cmds to control whatever player your trying to make a controlling dll for..
      RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
      Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
      Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
      RRMedia
      RRExtended
      DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

Thanks blue, i don't have vb6, is there other free tool that i can use to view the code? I just want to see if i can do it before i make a decision. I won't do any editing, compiling or running.. just wanna view the source code.

Comment

Here is the code in the VBExample plugin for Road Runner in a text file. Rename it to vbs, and load it with most text editors to see the colors, and formatting ect.
          Attached Files
          Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

Thanks john.. Boy. that does look simple... Now, if i can see the one that actually instanciating any of those multimedia player(mpc, winamp,etc) obj. inside VB and how it interfaces thru the sdk of others... I've never done this kinda of programming... I must see an example to follow.. I will try to look at the vb proj, but i don't have tool to view it.. John or others, could you post an example?

Comment

be warned.. there are changes currently being made to the plugin interface which will result in needed changes to new and existing plugins. Most of the existing code will work but the ReturnIndicator function will see some changes very very soon
              mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
              Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
              Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

I am new to the whole extension thing myself, so not that savvy with it.

Here is somewhat of an example though(This assumes that you have registered the KMP opject as KMP_Player)

Code:
                Case "kmp_play"
                                       ReturnCode = 2
                                       KMP_Player.execute "PLAY"

' OR Use a sendkey
                                       SDK.Execute  "ACTIVATE;KMP Player||SENDKEY;{p}"

When RR starts, and the KMP dll is started, the KMP_Play is then a standard button code as defined above, so when you press the button with the KMP_Play code, the case section above is fired. You will just have to work out the commands that you can send to it.

The syntax above should be right, but never tested, as I just typed it up as an example.
                Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

As I stated before, a plugin of this type needs/should to be a player type plugin that way if users wanted to use it they wouldn't have to have separate/additional cmds for basic media actions. In other words... The standard play command would play/pause whatever media player was selected to be used, instead of having completely different cmds for each different player plugin created and is the way that guino intended it to work like.
                  RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
                  Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
                  Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
                  RRMedia
                  RRExtended
                  DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

Originally posted by Blue ZX3 View Post
                    As I stated before, a plugin of this type needs/should to be a player type plugin that way if users wanted to use it they wouldn't have to have separate/additional cmds for basic media actions. In other words... The standard play command would play/pause whatever media player was selected to be used, instead of having completely different cmds for each different player plugin created and is the way that guino intended it to work like.
                    absolutely agree, and thats very easy to do with the plugin interface
                    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
                    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
                    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Very true, and I also agree. I was not even thinking of that when I was just trying to post some "real world" code as an example.

It is as simple as changing the code I posted above to:

Code:
                      Case "play"
                                ReturnCode = 2
                                KMP_Player.execute "PLAY"
                      ect....

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                      X