Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Road Runner is officially kicking my ***!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road Runner is officially kicking my ***!

I installed RR on my laptop (with Vista) and have been playing around with different skins. Somehow I managed to dim the screen (night view) with one of the skins and I cant get the screen back to full brightness! AAAAHHH! It's driving me crazy!

I went into mobility center and it shows that the screen is at full brightness, but I know for a fact it's not. The background, windows, icons, and task bar are all a bit dimmer but the mouse icon is stark bright as hell white! So you can visibly see the difference. Can anyone help a noob out?

System tray icon for gamma panel. Right click and quit. Just a guess.
    The Car 2005 Scion xB

The Truck 2004 GMC Canyon

Comment

the skin that I was using at the time had a 3 stage dimmer on it. Click it once, it got a little dim, click it a second time, a bit more.. and the third click it got really dim. Click it one more time to reset. I think I inadvertantly left it on the first stage of dimming.... but now I can find that skin and cant remember which one it was... I feel really dumb!

Comment

I dont see an icon for Gamma panel on the system tray...

Comment

ctrl alt delete and end any task that starts with gamma
          The Car 2005 Scion xB

Comment

I dont have anything on the process list or services that start with gamma

Comment

what about a simple restart
              The Car 2005 Scion xB

Comment

restarted twice yesterday... no joy... So I closed every process that I didnt know what it was and restarted... and fixed! Not sure which process it was, but it was driving me insane. Thanks guys!

Comment

Load the BMV2 skin, there's a button on the bottom to change the gamma. It should only effect RR, not anything else.

Comment

It's not the BMV2, it's a different skin. The BMV2 skin is a "one stage" day night switch. Whatever skin it was, it was 3 stages... And it dimmed my whole screen on my laptop.. I dont intend to use RR on that laptop, just wanted to download it to play with it.

Comment

What about DFX 4.0? It has a brightness slider.

Comment

No, it was a button, you clicked it, it got dimmer and dimmer, had 3 settings.

Comment

Right, but maybe you can fix it with DFX.

Comment

No the DFX slider does not use gamma at all. It is a transparent overlay (a .PNG), the same size as you have RR set to on your screen in the general.ini.
                            Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

I wasn't aware that's how you were doing it John. The more you know.....

Comment

Working...
                              X