RR with Jetway J7F5 CPU usage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR with Jetway J7F5 CPU usage

Is anyone else using RR with this moboard? I'm wondering what you are getting for CPU usage? I'm using DFX 4 as my skin, and getting 13-14% at idle, and 60-80% utilization when playing mp3's with embeddeed winamp, which seems high to me, given this is 1.5 GHZ processor. Would like some comparative benchmarks.

have a look here , this will help bring your cpu down abit

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/rr-f...ad-runner.html
    Riderunner / Genesis
    Plugin Breaker in test BassRR Plugin Player, Wifiman_NET
    New Home for Genesis & BassRR :adding to site ,, Hellfyre night
    Bassrr Beta Release :Version 1.3.7
    Movie_info Release :Version 3.1.0
    Wifiman_NET:Version 1.0.0

Every Future, Needs A Beginning

Comment

I'm using this board with Road Runner and DFX, check out my rant here if you'd like:
      http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/gene...are-limit.html

Is that 60-80% you're getting playing mp3's with a visualization running? That's about where I'm at with a visu and gps running. If not though it sounds like something's wrong because I get around 13-14% playing mp3's with no visualization/gps.
      Have you updated the bios and video drivers and installed flash? What are you running as your home screen?

So far I'm not very pleased with the board's video. I know video cards are cheap, but I specifically bought this over the J7F2 so I wouldn't have issues, and as mentioned in that post I can't tell any difference between 64 and 128 MB shared video.

For now I'm going to put up with it just so I can get everything installed in the car. One thing I did notice that baffles me is that hibernating and then resuming from hibernate drops my cpu usage drastically, I'm talking mp3's with a transparent visualization are running at 15 - 20% and I have no idea why. Since I'm planning on using hibernation when turning off my car, I may end up not really having a problem with this board.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I have hope now. I am NOT running visualizations, only running RR, DFX4 skin, and IG4. Even without IG4 running, when I play a mp3 in winamp under RR, I am getting the 60-80% utilization.

I have the current flash, updated from adobe's site last week, so I'll have to take a look at the bios and drivers, although I've updated the latest from jetway's site last month.if I could get 10-15% during mp3 play, I would be happy.

As for home screen, if you are referring to the main menu screen in RR, I am using a static logo with compass. I switched to just a static logo without compass, and it didn't make much of a difference in the load while playing music.

I also have an m2 and am using hybernation.

Comment

Originally posted by overlander View Post
          Thanks for the feedback. I have hope now. I am NOT running visualizations, only running RR, DFX4 skin, and IG4. Even without IG4 running, when I play a mp3 in winamp under RR, I am getting the 60-80% utilization.

I have the current flash, updated from adobe's site last week, so I'll have to take a look at the bios and drivers, although I've updated the latest from jetway's site last month.if I could get 10-15% during mp3 play, I would be happy.

As for home screen, if you are referring to the main menu screen in RR, I am using a static logo with compass. I switched to just a static logo without compass, and it didn't make much of a difference in the load while playing music.

I also have an m2 and am using hybernation.

You and I are running nearly Identical rigs and using DFX4... Since updating to DFX4 i noticed it is heavier running. I too run about 60-80...However on a fresh restart (non-resume) I run around 10-20... Regardless, this CPU and board should be able to handle these basic scripts and play mp3's... From what I have found it is due to the lack of on board video ram. I updated to recent video drivers and it didn't really help. I run low video settings and have tried everything. Everyone has suggested a new video card...With this board having ONE PCI slot and my sound card occupying it I am lost. Looking to upgrade whole system and future proof it for at least 5 years hopefully (yeah right ).. If I had the free PCI Slot I would buy a cheapo PCi card and see if it made a difference. Good luck, let me know if anything you try works.

Comment

Ok, update. Chainu127's feedback, I updated the bios to v 5.1 yesterday, and also updated the Via HD drivers to current version, and that immediately brought the CPU load down to around 20-40%, from the previous 80-90%. That's a huge improvement, and I'm happy now. I dont' want to switch moboards, because this one is pretty good for low power draw, and is excellent at running cool, which is important for an expedition off road rig like I have. Extreme weather tollerance is important to me.

I also have Symantec running on mine, but just read in a newspaper that Symantec has radically rebuilt their AV software to use significantly less CPU load and less nuisance prompts. When I upgrade to that, that will probably be another improvement.

Comment

Hey mate, nice work on getting it down with the bios update. Im running the 2ghz version of the jetway and as a comparison, running about 2% idle and 15 to 20% when playing mp3's. some skin transisions are sluggish and videos have frozen in the past but i think that was driver issues.

anyway, the jetway boards are very nice imo, ive had no major system problems yet and hybernation/resume is pretty solid.

Comment

Working...
              X