Reducing volume for speech directions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reducing volume for speech directions

Im using the newest version of RR and Streets and Trips 2008. The voice direction works, but RR won't reduce the volume of the music when the voice comes over. I tried different % values in RR config. After I save and exit the config, it goes back to unchecked. Anything else I change in RR saves except for this option. Any ideas on that?
    I told my psychiatrist that everyone hates me. He said I was being ridiculous - everyone hasn't met me yet .

I've got the same problem but opposite... I want to lower the voice volume! it sounds extremely high...

Comment

Search for NaviMon2

Comment

Ok, I installed NaviMon2 and it didn't work. I have RR config set up to only control the main volume. Is that a problem?
        I told my psychiatrist that everyone hates me. He said I was being ridiculous - everyone hasn't met me yet .

Comment

NaviMon2 controls the winamp volume when there is activity at the wave volume.
          Ther is also a second command which can be about anything RR can handle. Look through the NaviMon thread.

Comment

I worked with it again last night. It seems that the voice has increased in volume now. However, the music volume doesn't noticably decrease. Its not bad. Now, at least I can hear and understand the voice commands. I was woundering about NaviMon. The readme file says to install it in the RR folder. If it controls winamp, shouldn't it be installed in the winamp folder?

Comment

No, it just gives Road Runner commands.
              SETVOL;WINAMP;25;
              Just play with the setting and volume sliders. If you want, you can pause the player completely when navi speaks, with the second command.

Comment

I'll give that a try after work and get back to ya.

Comment

Working...
                X