Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR and McAfee trojan detection

Evening guys,

I'm aware that RR hasn't got a trojan and that its the web browser component causing the trojan detection but does anyone know how I can add RR to the McAfee exemption list to prevent me have to close McAfee down everytime I run RR or open the RR folder, without compromising my system? (I use McAfee on both my desktop and laptop PC for testing but not the car)

Many thanks,
    Dave
    Vauxhall Astra SXi Car PC installed.

Securitycentre is v8.1
    VirusScan is v12.1
    Personal firewall is 9.1

Thanks!

Comment

Anyone got any workarounds as I keep having to close McAfee and restore RR file. It's a pain. Can I tell McAfee that RoadRunner is a safe app? I can't see any options for this.

Cheers,
      Dave

Comment

Darn it, Just happened to me on my test box. And I dont see a way around it. However i didnt have to close Mcafee to run or restore RR. Just clicked on restore from the view results tab, (i think thats what it was called) select, and hit restore. Of course this was after the auto scan it flagged RR.
        If you cant DODGE em, RAM em.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramanator View Post
          However i didnt have to close Mcafee
          Yeh, sorry not 'close' but turn off 'real time detection' and restore>files>select and restore RoadRunner .dx file.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Davefocus View Post
            Yeh, sorry not 'close' but turn off 'real time detection' and restore>files>select and restore RoadRunner .dx file.

Dave
            Yep, that is how i did it too. Still dont know how to get around it though.

Comment

Why don't you just add the roadrunner directory as an exception to not scan in the real time scanner settings?

AVG also detected road runner as a virus and I had to disable the entire directory from being scanned.

Comment

Originally posted by leeman01 View Post
                Why don't you just add the roadrunner directory as an exception to not scan in the real time scanner settings?
                That be the million dollar question. Been trying to hunt down that option, but it seems to elude me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramanator View Post
                  That be the million dollar question. Been trying to hunt down that option, but it seems to elude me.
                  Same here, hence the thread. I thought maybe it was just me at first....

Dave

Comment

I've used McAfee Corporate for years and you can set exclusions there.
                    Also, I keep getting a trojan warning with roadrunner.exe.

Is there any way to verify this file is NOT infected?
                    Attached Files

Comment

hey enforcer, can we make you the person offically in charge of point people to the right post, when they claim they found a virius/trojan in RR?

hey u could slam them too, like "search before you post"... you know it would be fun
                      -Thanks
                      Mitch
                      www.rush2112.net

"Did you test it in carwings??"

Sun, Come shine my way
                      May healing waters bury all my pain
                      Wind, Carry me home
                      The fabric of reality is tearing apart
                      The piece of me that died
                      Will return To live again

Comment

Thanks E but I've already read your post, hence the application specific post to appeal to other McAfee user about how to ignore this trojan detection.

Simply dumping my AV software on the family PC isn't an option. I guess it will be disabling the AV whilst messing with RR for now then .

Thanks guys,
                        Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Davefocus View Post
                          Thanks E but I've already read your post, hence the application specific post to appeal to other McAfee user about how to ignore this trojan detection.

My post wasn't aimed at you Dave, it was leeman01 I was pointing in the direction of the FAQ's

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
                            My post wasn't aimed at you Dave, it was leeman01 I was pointing in the direction of the FAQ's
                            Sorry mate, that's me being a little defensive.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                            X