No weather...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No weather...

I searched this topic and read a few different posts... the main one is closed. I got the newest RR installer from the RR forum (says 10/10/2008 at launch) but my weather is not working.... any ideas? sorry if this was covered and I just totally missed it!

is your CITYWEATHER variable set in rr.ini? Do you have the weather icons installed in your root folder? Does your skin have a weather.skin? alot more detail is needed.
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

The new installer includes the weather icons, but also noted that the included rr.ini leaves the cityweather blank. Was thinking that a default city should be set, like New York, Chicago, Miami, something. This way weather would work when the installer is done, then it's just a matter of changing the city.
      Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

Tho' a good idea, it would only change the question..not avoid one..unfortunately.
        OLD SYSTEM (DEAD)
        Intel D945GCLF2 Dual Core ATOM
        Lilliput 7" 629GL 2008 LED Backlight
        BU-353 USB GPS Receiver / iGuidance / IGO8
        M2-ATX Power Supply
        RideRunner Front End / Various Skins
        Windows XP SP3

Comment

No, i didn't touch the ini. I guess I figured that RR config took care of the city when I put the city!! i'll go look

Comment

Originally posted by treetop777 View Post
            Tho' a good idea, it would only change the question..not avoid one..unfortunately.

Yea, but it would narrow things down for sure. They would see the report and icons, and know weather was working. Then it would just be a matter of finding "New York" in the config, and changing the city.
            Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

Working...
            X