Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally a simple ODBII soplution for Road Runner???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally a simple ODBII soplution for Road Runner???

MP3Car headed out to SEMA to cover a lot of new technologies at the show related to CarPC's as many of you may know.

They just posted a video of a program called Palmer Performance Dash Command. This looks very promising, and is available on their website for $25. The program has a demo that you can download, skin, and test. All of the gauges can be tested with the "needle tester" however the RPM gauge is the only one that will work when connected to ODBII for real world testing. To become functional you must purchase the license key.

You can watch the video here. I LOVE this quote from the video!!!!!!

"We've designed it so that its easily embeddable into many of the popular front end softwares out there like Road Runner... and ummm.... I forget the names of the other ones..."

Disclaimer: I am not a representative of their company, and gain nothing from posting the links to the software. Advertising commercial products is usually a "no no" in the MP3Car forums, however MP3Car covered this product, and put the video together, so I saw no harm in posting the link.

Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Originally posted by JohnWPB View Post
    MP3Car headed out to SEMA to cover a lot of new technologies at the show related to CarPC's as many of you may know.

They just posted a video of a program called Palmer Performance Dash Command. This looks very promising, and is available on their website for $25. The program has a demo that you can download, skin, and test. All of the gauges can be tested with the "needle tester" however the RPM gauge is the only one that will work when connected to ODBII for real world testing. To become functional you must purchase the license key.

You can watch the video here. I LOVE this quote from the video!!!!!!

"We've designed it so that its easily embeddable into many of the popular front end softwares out there like Road Runner... and ummm.... I forget the names of the other ones..."

Disclaimer: I am not a representative of their company, and gain nothing from posting the links to the software. Advertising commercial products is usually a "no no" in the MP3Car forums, however MP3Car covered this product, and put the video together, so I saw no harm in posting the link.

Thanks for the tip. This might convince me to get a OBD-2 interface even though my non-turbo automatic car really doesn't need it.
    2007 Mini Cooper eee PC worklog

Comment

john have you tried OBDMPG? I think alot of people think that its just for miles per gallon calculation, but the plugin reads everything available from my OBDII unit.. and its just a cheapy i bought from ebay awhile back.
      mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
      Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
      Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

hey guys, i will need something good to manager like A/F stuff and a few other things on my car, sonicxtacy does that program allow me to do so?

Comment

if your obd device can read it from the car the plugin will display it

Comment

John, This is old news, the Palmer stuff has been discussed a few times already on the road runner forum.

Even in my iDrive thread

(Actually I'm sure someone requested it be incorporated into DFX)

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
              if your obd device can read it from the car the plugin will display it
              Yup, for the most part. It's limited to certain PIDs at the moment, but more can easily be added and I hope to retrieve the supported PIDs dynamically in the near future to keep things efficient.

Feel free to post in the OBDMPG thread with any questions. I always consider feature requests if I think it will better the overall plugin.
              98' Honda CR-V
              http://www.superbluecrv.com

*OBDMPG, the RR OBD Plugin*

Comment

which OBD Device you guys recommend, Keep in mind A/F

Comment

Originally posted by dhantiflag View Post
                  which OBD Device you guys recommend, Keep in mind A/F
                  There is no PID for A/F. Any particular reason you would like to monitor it? Most modern vehicles spend most of their time maintaining stoich ratio at 14.7, they usually don't vary that much.

You've also mentioned manage a few times, OBD only allows you to monitor values, not change them.
                  98' Honda CR-V

Comment

They havent released a version that supports scripts yet. Ive read on there forums that they will be releasing one soon, but they didnt say it will support scripts, they said something along the likes that we will be happy with the new version.

I use it myself, and I love it. Just wished it supported multiple dashboards and scripts.
                    2011 Nissan Frontier SL
                    AMD X3 2.2 | M4-ATX | 16Gb SSD | 2GB DDR3-1333 | MSI GF615M-P33 MB
                    OBDPROS USB | BU-303 GPS l LILLIPUT TS | Car2PC adapter | XM Direct | USB Dual band N with custom mag-mount antenna.

Comment

i just wanted to read A/F just got a supercharger and got some tuning done... thats all

Comment

Originally posted by dhantiflag View Post
                        i just wanted to read A/F just got a supercharger and got some tuning done... thats all
                        Makes sense. Still pretty sure OBD cannot provide you with A/F. If anybody knows a way please speak up, I'd like to implement it into my MPG calculations as I just assume a stoich mixture at the moment.

You can find a list of PIDs here:
                        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OBD-II_PIDs
                        98' Honda CR-V

Comment

obd will not provide a/f.. never seen it nor is it available in any of the most popular obd software. You'd want a wideband sensor built to interface with a computer. They are available for alot of $$$

Comment

hmm, ok time to just get my wideband gauge hooked up :-P, i have a AEM guage i wonder if there is a way to take those readings...

hmm

Comment

Yeah I purchased this a while back but it doesn't support scripts and only one screen of gauges so it's not very useful.
                              It's fairly easy to skin though and the GTR skins they whipped up look great.
                              My BMW E46 carpc
                              My iGuidance 4 skin
                              FS transflective 2008 lilliput

Comment

Working...
                              X