RR Reminder screen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR Reminder screen

I downloaded the new RR and now every time I start it it has this black screen saying...

Road Runner Reminder....

Please keep this software up to date by downloading free updates....
    This screen stays up for about 20 seconds before the skin shows up.

I'm using the latest RR and Digital FX 4.0 skin.

Is there anyway to disable this screen to speed up the loading? I all ready know to check the website for updates. I don't need a screen telling me that.

the date in your PC is wrong.
    BASSRR ==> [Audio Player/MusicDB/Cd Player/Ripper/Rate/Internet Radio/Audio Capture/Youtube Video]
    RRTube ==> [View/Download Youtube Videos]
    WifiMan ==> [Wifi Manager]
    RRec ==> [Audio Capture]

If You Want To Be Given Everything, Give Everything Up ...
    Bird York -- In The Deep --

Comment

Actually its set to the current date and time.

Comment

I'm getting it today too.

A popup would have been more palatable.

Comment

Originally posted by EL CAMINO View Post
          the date in your PC is wrong.

Just installed the latest version and every thing is OK.
          OLD SYSTEM (DEAD)
          Intel D945GCLF2 Dual Core ATOM
          Lilliput 7" 629GL 2008 LED Backlight
          BU-353 USB GPS Receiver / iGuidance / IGO8
          M2-ATX Power Supply
          RideRunner Front End / Various Skins
          Windows XP SP3

Comment

The correct date means the entire date, month day & year. If you are running the current release and still getting that, then some part of you date is incorrrect, period. There is not really any thing else that would case that, nothing.
            RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
            Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
            Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
            RRMedia
            RRExtended
            DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

Current date is 12/20/2008. I have tried uninstalling and reinstaling but I still get the reminder.

Comment

Originally posted by theforce View Post
                Current date is 12/20/2008. I have tried uninstalling and reinstaling but I still get the reminder.
                add debugmode=true to RR.ini, run RR, close it, and post a ZIP with the debug.txt file it creates. If you're running Vista, make sure you run it with admin rights.
                Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Here is the debug log.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I see your date is correct, but what kind of regional settings are you running in this machine (I've never seen a date format of YEAR-MONTH-DAY) -- this alone may be the issue.
                    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

I am using a custom date to get file names to be yyyy-mm-dd.ext. But I have changed that back to the normal mm/dd/yyyy format and still get the reminder.

Comment

I don't think this should make a difference but I'm testing this on a virtual machine. I reverted back to a fresh install of XP and installed RR. The date is set to the current date and time and I still get the reminder.

Is there a way to disable the reminder? I try to keep RR updated when there is a new release and I don't need a screen popping up telling me to check for updates every time.

Comment

check your PM
                          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

I'm %99.99 sure on what the issue is since taking to guino.

I was running RR under a virtual machine which I had encrypted the OS with TrueCrypt. Apparently TrueCrypt and RR don't play nice. But since I don't use TrueCrypt on my car PC this will not be an issue. I was just using one VM for my test OS that I throw everything on and see how well it works before I use it on my main OS. I created a fresh VM with XP and no encryption and RR worked just fine.

Looks like the error was on my part.

Comment

Hi all,
                              I too am getting this on the latest version of RR - I have checked the date and time and both are correct. Any other thoughts on how to stop this happening please?

Thanks

Ant

Comment

Working...
                              X