Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any hopes of getting mappoint 2009 embedded properly?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any hopes of getting mappoint 2009 embedded properly?

I decided to give roadrunner a try today but I cant seem to get mappoint 2009 to work correctly. I can embed as an external app but you cant use mappoint with a touch screen.
    I have been trying to find the right front end for me and I have tried centrafuse and streetdeck but nothing seems to work with mappoint!

Check your PM
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Originally posted by guino View Post
      Check your PM
      can you help me too :-)

Comment

Hi

has the mappoint 2009 problem been fixed?

Thanks

Gummibear1986

Comment

I can make a version with mapppoint 2009 support upon request -- just PM me with a request.
          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
          "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

now that mappoint is a pluggin I don't get how to make it work. Everytime I try to launch it, it just gives me an error. Thanks for any help you can give as always.

Comment

Guino did send me a fixed version that worked with mappoint but due to the limitations of mappoint I went with a "Free" alternative called IGO8 which is 10000000% times better than mappoint, it includes 3d maps and voice navigation.

Comment

Just install the mappoint plugin in the install. Nothing else is needs to be done.
                Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Sorry I guess I don't know what that really means? During the install of RR I did not see an option for Mappoint pluggin and I am not certain thats what you mean?

Comment

Its there, if your using an install version that is current(8/1/09 of this posting).

Quit clicking next so fast and actually read the screens...
                    RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
                    Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
                    Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
                    RRMedia
                    RRExtended
                    DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

Remember that installint the plugin is NOT all you need -- you also need a skin that has support for Mappoint (i.e. BMV2 skin).
                      Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Thanks guys for the quick response. I just downloaded RR yesterday so I believe I have the latest but will uninstall and reinstall again to see if I missed it, though I have done this already, but will give it another try. Again thanks for you help.

Comment

ok I am dumfounded. I don't see it. I have the latest download but don't see any options for Mappoint during install. Am I missing something? During install I select full install which shows me a list for things like Sirius Radio, Weather Plug-In, Skin Editor, RRExtinsion Plugin Examples, MediaInfo.dll etc.. but no mappoint. Am I even looking in the right place? Even if I do a custom install still no joy. Sorry to keep harping on this and wouldn't blame you if you thought I was an idiot, but mappoint is my only solution right now. By the way, I am using Mappoint 2009 if that has anything to do with it or not.

Comment

Check if you have a MappointRR.dll in the plugins folder -- if you do, then that's all you need. If you don't, download the attached file and copy it to the Plugins folder. We'll take a look at the installer..
                            Attached Files
                            Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Guino, I am wondering if your latest build of Ride Runner supports Windows 7 with Mappoint 2010 as far as being integrated as a pluggin?

Comment

Working...
                              X