when 1920x1080 skin is scaled down...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when 1920x1080 skin is scaled down...

to 800x480 by defining show-height and width in general.ini file, how does it compare to the one with its actual size at 800x480 perfomance-wise?

i was trying to resize all my pngs from 1920 to 800 then realize i have to scale down all the controls in skin editor as well which is pain in the ***... Easiest way would be just leave it as it is and modify the show dimension in general.ini. I was wondering if there's any downside in doing it that way compare to using 800x480 pngs... specifically performance-wise...

You'll just use up a lot of extra memory for nothing.. It will take longer to load the images from disk as well, but that will vary to your computer specs.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

thanks guino, that's what i thought... Just wanted to make sure...

Comment

You may run-out of memory if your screenlimit setting is a high number.
        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
        "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

yeah... i guess i just gonna have to use 800x480 skin....

Comment

There was a tool/script back in the days that was meant to re-scale the images and .skin files automatically for you -- maybe worth searching for it.
            Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

That's a great news and bad news guino.. good news is it's there for me to use.. Problem is i gotta search for it this entire forum... I'll try I'll post it here if i find it.....

Comment

Working...
              X