FM & XM issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FM & XM issues

I updated to the 12/1/2008 (thats the date I get when I run Road Runner.exe) version from the I believe 2006 version that I had before and now I cant get the XM and FM part to work. I have WinTV, and it works outside RR both the TV and the FM. The TV also works within the RR after I installed the plugin and did the necessary configuration. The FM part - the Radio skin opens and all I get FM 0.

The XM on the other hand I have only 2 channels the Emergency and Preview channel. There is a new feature in the rrconfig under General; Page 4, MJS Gadets UAS, right now they are all N/A (Radio, XM, Sirus).

In the "INI Extra's "I added xmtype=1 (thats the only way I could get XM to work)
    RADIO section I checked "WinTV", I checked "Allow Tunning of All Frequencies". Selected the path
    In the XM section I had to choose XM Serial = 2, I checked USE XM Cached and Tune on List Click and I made sure i had the xmchache file in the Road Runner folder. I tried both options checking and unchecking. When I check I see the channels but nothing work. I even called XM and made they reset the signal and i was told my account is GOOD from their side.

The unfortunate part is i didnt back up my old RR folder/version. So I cant go back to it so I've been trying for a week now to make everything work and got stuck on the XM and FM radio part

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

xmtype does nothing

doesnt sound like you have a UAS so you shouldnt be messing with it...

dont use xmcache, till u HAVE ALL Channels
    delete the xmcache.ini file too!

and if you only get emergancy and prevew, your xm isnt active
    -Thanks
    Mitch
    www.rush2112.net

"Did you test it in carwings??"

Sun, Come shine my way
    May healing waters bury all my pain
    Wind, Carry me home
    The fabric of reality is tearing apart
    The piece of me that died
    Will return To live again

Comment

also 12/1/08 is last months update... grab the new one
      no changes to xm, but its nice to have new
      -Thanks
      Mitch
      www.rush2112.net

Sun, Come shine my way
      Wind, Carry me home

Comment

mitchjs

I tried deleteing xmtype at one point when i was messing with rrconfig and when did I didnt even get the preview and emergency channel.
        But I will try again and delete the xmcache.ini and remove the xmtype and see what happens.
        So from an XM part all i need to have in the rrconfig is the XM Serial port #.
        I called XM and my account is active.

Any input about why the FM doesnt work within RR, i know it was working in the older version I had

I will try and post my findings. I will update to the newest version too

Comment

what type of XM device do you have ? XMPCR or an older model like it ?

for wintv, have you tested it with the wintv radio application ? did set the path in RRconfig to the wintv radio application ?
          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
          "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Guino

I have the XMPCR

The wintv radio application works fine outside RR. I set it up to "C:\Program Files\Road Runner\WinTV\". Within RR the TV application works fine too. So should I link the path to the *.exe application. If I do so will it use the Radio skin though or will it open the application on top of Radio Skin

Comment

I'm unsure if mitch's new XM library supports XMPCR -- I sure haven't tried it, you may have to talk to him about it.

you need to set radiatorpath=C:\Program Files\Road Runner\WinTV\ in RR.INI (same as putting that as the path setting in Wintv -- this will make RR run the wintv application in the background and control it through the skin.
              Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
              "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

absolulty supports XMPCR

test ur xmradio with my XMID software!!!

from my web site...

i assume u installed RR with the Installer right?????
                if not, for shame, and use installer

mitch
                -Thanks
                Mitch
                www.rush2112.net

Sun, Come shine my way
                Wind, Carry me home

Comment

I have my radio path set in RR.ini to the WinTV. I will still double check when i get home. So the radio had to work

Yes I installed the RR with the installer. I first click the Updater and got a dialog box that there is a new version and followed the instructions from there

I will download the XMID software from your website and see what I get

Comment

UPDATER?

that is No longer supported....

make sure u download the RideRunner Installation package from the the this LINK, there is only 1 offical RideRunner Download location..
                    I have NO idea what you actually got installed

www.nisuautomotive.com ("Download Software" link on the top-right of the page)
                    -Thanks
                    Mitch
                    www.rush2112.net

Sun, Come shine my way
                    Wind, Carry me home

Comment

I downloaded it from some link within the mp3forum. But I will use the link you sent me and see what happens.

Comment

Similar Issues

So I updated RR to the same December version and now I have no XM channel/artist listings. I can't even manually add the channels to my favorites. I can navigate the channels one by one. It also shows the signal strength. I use my previous version of RR and it works fine. I used the installer. Any thoughts?

Comment

Thats what I was having. The problem I dont have the old version to go back too. Do you still have it? I would like to reinstall it back

I just downloaded Ride Runner and will reinstall it and see what happens

Comment

again, using that world "updated" i need it defined

there has been NO XM changes in sometime
                            sirius yes...

sobsidian, i cant tell if it works or not from your post

delete xmcache.ini

it rebuilds automaticly, if things are working right

when in doubt of your hardware use XM Radio Demo
                            (on my site, download section)
                            -Thanks
                            Mitch
                            www.rush2112.net

Sun, Come shine my way
                            Wind, Carry me home

Comment

Mitchjs,
                              I used your XMID software and my XM radio works perfect. I uninstalled the December Road Runner version and will install the Ride Runner and see if all applications will work. Right now all works outside RR

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X