X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RRmedia db help

this may seem like a stupid question
    but can someone give me a run down on how to create and save a playlist
    with rrmedia. cause none of my winamp playlist's seem to come up and i cant work out how to with rrmedia
    i have tryed on 2 pc's and a few skin's with no luck

cheers
    mick

It's probably not an RRMedia issue. If you are making playlists and they are not showing up, you should open RRConfig, go to page 1 of the music settings and (i) make sure the Playlist Path contains a valid folder and (ii) make sure ".m3u" (no quotes) is contained in the audio file types box.

Comment

ok thanks for the help i have it working now with digital fx skin but not with
      the demo skin that came with rrmedia.
      which is a pain cause that is what i was going to pull apart to ues in the skin
      that im making

Comment

If you have it working in dfx, then you should also be able to see them when you go to the demo's playlists screen.
        RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
        Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
        Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
        RRMedia
        RRExtended
        DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

in the dfx skin i can see all my play lists edit them and make new lists.
          but in the demo skin i can only see them i cant make new lists
          it will be a ID10T ERROR (idiot error) i know its just driving me nuts

Comment

If i am understanding correctly, the reason is because that the demo skin is just that, for demo of the plugin's features, not std rr cmd/features. The demo skin only has the minium buttons/cmds to do show it, and editing/creating lists are able to be done via RR cmds.

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
            Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
            RRMedia
            RRExtended
            DFXVoice

Comment

ok thanks for the help. like i said ID10T error
              i will keep hacking away with what i got and see what i cant come up with

cheers
              mick

Comment

one more thing what is the SmartPlayLists stuff in dfx skin do i need it
                what i am trying to do is make a basic skin with just music, video, phone and games. I have hacked up the alpine green skin and changed all the images to how i want them to look i have all the game stuff working the way i want, but i was having troubles with the music side of things, could not seem to create and edit and save playlist so i started hunting thats when i found rrmedia db and have been trying to wrap my head around how it all works so i can use it in my skin, am i using something thats to in depth for the basic playlist functions that i want or is rrmedia the only way of doing these things as you may tell my programming skills arn't real great so any help would be greatly appriecated.

Comment

Would depend on two thing sorta... If your planning on having a ton of music in the car, using rrmedia helps by being able to quickly find/search for what your looking for along with all of its other featrues. On the flip side, if your only going to have a smaller amount of music, then it may be on the overkill side.

The smartplaylists is kinda like rrmedia but deals with the winamp library, as its a winamp plugin not rr, but it can be used in rr.

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
                  Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
                  RRMedia
                  RRExtended
                  DFXVoice

Comment

thanks for the input i have it all working now. with alot of looking,thinking and stealing
                    bits of code out of the dfx skin got what i wanted. i just need to change all the skins the rest of my skin but it all seems to work

cheers
                    mick

Comment

Working...
                    X