Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bass and Treble reset in RR EQ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bass and Treble reset in RR EQ

    So everytime I set my bass and treble in the rr equalizer (not the winamp one) and then restart, they go back to their lowest setting. I've done endless searches and maybe I am just not good at choosing keywords but I could not find anyone describing this issue, yet I am sure I am not the only one.

    Also, is there any way to get radio volume and mp3 volume to equalize? My radio volume is screeching loud when compared to my mp3 volume and I assume it has to do with winamp.

    Any suggestions on how to remedy these issues would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

  • #2
    Originally posted by blbrchnk View Post
    So everytime I set my bass and treble in the rr equalizer (not the winamp one) and then restart, they go back to their lowest setting. I've done endless searches and maybe I am just not good at choosing keywords but I could not find anyone describing this issue, yet I am sure I am not the only one.

    Also, is there any way to get radio volume and mp3 volume to equalize? My radio volume is screeching loud when compared to my mp3 volume and I assume it has to do with winamp.

    Any suggestions on how to remedy these issues would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    You're not the only one but what I'm seeing with mine is every time I touch the treble or bass settings, my master volume goes down to 0.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by G356mt View Post
      You're not the only one but what I'm seeing with mine is every time I touch the treble or bass settings, my master volume goes down to 0.
      that too.....

      Comment


      • #4
        maybe you dont have bass and treble control in windows mixer (my guess is most cards dont). if its not there then the rr controls wont work

        Comment


        • #5
          so little information provided in this thread to even being to help you!

          and most sound cards do NOT have treble and bass
          ( i cant think of any that do!)
          -Thanks
          Mitch
          www.rush2112.net

          "Did you test it in carwings??"

          Sun, Come shine my way
          May healing waters bury all my pain
          Wind, Carry me home
          The fabric of reality is tearing apart
          The piece of me that died
          Will return To live again

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by blbrchnk View Post
            So everytime I set my bass and treble in the rr equalizer (not the winamp one) and then restart, they go back to their lowest setting. I've done endless searches and maybe I am just not good at choosing keywords but I could not find anyone describing this issue, yet I am sure I am not the only one.

            Also, is there any way to get radio volume and mp3 volume to equalize? My radio volume is screeching loud when compared to my mp3 volume and I assume it has to do with winamp.

            Any suggestions on how to remedy these issues would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
            set the volume setting in rrconfig to master instead of all lines. also keep your winamp volume and preamp at about midway as well as the wave volume. then it shouldnt be too different

            Comment


            • #7
              Mine does

              SB Audigy2 ZS PCI
              RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

              Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
              Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

              DFX 5.1.1 Skin
              Appstore Link

              My RideRunner Plugins
              RRMedia
              RRExtended
              DFXVoice

              "There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

              Comment


              • #8
                My volume control is set to master, I turned the line in volume down like mitch suggested in another thread to fix the super loud radio issue. I will try setting the winamp, preamp, and wave volumes to half way to see if that helps any.

                But the sound quality still blows when compared to the stock headunit (especially the subs) and they sub amps are built in to the car and still being reused. Should it really be that big of a difference using an onboard sound card? I'm not that big into the super elite best sound I can get, but this is not a minor difference. And since all of the subwoofer hardware has stayed the same the only thing that I can think of that could be different is the output being given to it.

                I am using an intel 945DCGLF atom mobo with onboard sound.

                Comment


                • #9
                  maybe something is out of phase

                  sound quality of what? winamp? HDRadio? overall?

                  if hd radio, did u try the audio mod? (aka grnd the rcas)

                  the pc sound card wont have the output drive most HQ car audio does
                  its just that pc sound cards arnt made for the car
                  and most are really of moderate quality
                  but a high end head unit or audio processor will blow away most sound cards
                  output
                  oh there might be HQ DACs but its more then that its voltage...voltage
                  more volts of signal, will burry the noise floor
                  could run the pc into a HQ automotive preamp/eq and then drive to amps
                  not to mention, noise issues with PCs
                  -Thanks
                  Mitch
                  www.rush2112.net

                  "Did you test it in carwings??"

                  Sun, Come shine my way
                  May healing waters bury all my pain
                  Wind, Carry me home
                  The fabric of reality is tearing apart
                  The piece of me that died
                  Will return To live again

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    HDRadio sound has some static (haven't picked up a HD station as there is only one in my area), but I believe that is an issue with my antenna and getting it power. I was talking about mp3 sound quality. My subs would thump pretty hard stock and now i find it hard to get them to do that. I do have a usb audigy 2 that I could try, but that would take a lot of rewiring to make the sound 5.1, create a space for the box, and to get it power, so if the soundcard really wasn't the problem I didn't want to mess with all that.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      What kind of quality are your mp3s? Have you tried playing a straight wave file in media player or some other software that outputs without modification?

                      On board audio generally blows, but you can get lucky with some of the newer boards. I'd suggest trying either the usb audigy 2 (some have had luck with that), and also working with the equalizer a bit more. It takes a while to tweak the bands to get it to sound right going from the house to the car, or even car built-in to computer based. You may also need to tweak the inputs on your amps, higher by your description. On-board audio has a tendency to be weak.

                      I'm also having the bass-treble reset to zero on my laptop. It's a recent re-install on a system that worked perfect over 20 months. But I may have a driver issue going on. Still troubleshooting.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Coyote65 View Post
                        What kind of quality are your mp3s? Have you tried playing a straight wave file in media player or some other software that outputs without modification?

                        On board audio generally blows, but you can get lucky with some of the newer boards. I'd suggest trying either the usb audigy 2 (some have had luck with that), and also working with the equalizer a bit more. It takes a while to tweak the bands to get it to sound right going from the house to the car, or even car built-in to computer based. You may also need to tweak the inputs on your amps, higher by your description. On-board audio has a tendency to be weak.

                        I'm also having the bass-treble reset to zero on my laptop. It's a recent re-install on a system that worked perfect over 20 months. But I may have a driver issue going on. Still troubleshooting.
                        I have been able to get it to sound a bit better with some tweaking recently, but I am still missing the deepest of the bass that I used to have. The problem with tweaking my amps that control my subs is, I can't. They are built in to the car and I'd have to take the door panel off to even look at them. The only amps I can control are the ones that control my four speakers. But the problem doesn't seem like all the bass is gone, just the lowest band of it.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          could be a high pass filter on that sound card...
                          -Thanks
                          Mitch
                          www.rush2112.net

                          "Did you test it in carwings??"

                          Sun, Come shine my way
                          May healing waters bury all my pain
                          Wind, Carry me home
                          The fabric of reality is tearing apart
                          The piece of me that died
                          Will return To live again

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Just so you guys know... the Bass/Treble in RR only works with cards that support such "advanced" features -- most onboard sound cards DO NOT support that feature, in which case you can change them freely in RR but it won't have any effect and it will reset to 0 (zero) when restarting RR. The best way to determine if those features are available is to make a debug log and see if it says "No Bass/Treble support" in there.
                            Ride Runner RR's Myspace

                            "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                            "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I think my problem is because I haven't disabled the on-board audio, and it's interfering with the setting even tho I have the default audio set to the pcmcia audigy 2z.

                              But I would have sworn I had both audio cards working in the previous windows install...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X