Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can RR use process name to identify a window?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can RR use process name to identify a window?

Because some application will change it's window name and the class name is same with other apps. For example, KMPlayer will set it's title to file name and it has the same classname with winamp.

Now, the question is if RR can use other way to identify a window? process name?

Originally posted by efun View Post
    Because some application will change it's window name and the class name is same with other apps. For example, KMPlayer will set it's title to file name and it has the same classname with winamp.

Now, the question is if RR can use other way to identify a window? process name?
    in the event you want to use KMP could you just CLOSEWINAMP first?
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Better yet, in the config, playe tab, set the winamp class to anything ...ie Thisone and then it will no longer have the same classname.

Is also good for when you have to diff winamp vers and dont want RR to grab the one already open.
      RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
      Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
      Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
      RRMedia
      RRExtended
      DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
        in the event you want to use KMP could you just CLOSEWINAMP first?
        It works! A good solution to bypass the same class name issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue ZX3 View Post
          Better yet, in the config, playe tab, set the winamp class to anything ...ie Thisone and then it will no longer have the same classname.

Is also good for when you have to diff winamp vers and dont want RR to grab the one already open.

I set the winamp class to "mp3player" in player setup tab, but RR still show winamp not KMPlayer. I use winspector to check the winamp, the class name is not changed to "mp3player", it is always ''winamp v1.x"

Comment

Yes, I have just found and confirmed the whatever you set the winampclass setting to, in the last two rr versions get overwritten to the default "winamp v1.x".. I had noticed it sorta the other day but now looking at the code, I do see that there is a problem and it'll be fixed for the next update.

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
            Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
            RRMedia
            RRExtended
            DFXVoice

Comment

Originally posted by Blue ZX3 View Post
              Yes, I have just found and confirmed the whatever you set the winampclass setting to, in the last two rr versions get overwritten to the default "winamp v1.x".. I had noticed it sorta the other day but now looking at the code, I do see that there is a problem and it'll be fixed for the next update.
              Thanks for your effort to review the code, let's wait the next release.

Currently, the bypass way is CLOSEWINAMP before run KMPlayer, and STARTAMP after exit KMPlayer. Here is the code:

Code:
              START KMPlayer:
              "CLOSEWINAMP||LOAD;EXTAPP1.skin;RUN;D:\temp\kmp\KMPlayer.exe;!winamp v1.x"

EXIT KMPLlayer:
              "CLOSEWINDOW;!winamp v1.x||EXIT||STARTWINAMP"

Comment

When exit the KMPlayer and STARTWINAMP, music list was changed to the video directory which played by KMPlayer... How to restore the original music path to winamp?

Comment

You can use SAVELIST before closing winamp and LOADLIST after starting it to save/resume the playlist if necessary.
                  Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                  "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Originally posted by guino View Post
                    You can use SAVELIST before closing winamp and LOADLIST after starting it to save/resume the playlist if necessary.
                    yeah, it works well

Comment

Another question: How to restore the track number? I can save the TRACKNUMBER before close winamp, but how to set it back after start winamp?

Comment

SETVARBYCODE;LISTPOSITION;LISTPOS before you save your playlist.

Then SETLIST;$LISTPOSITION$||PLAY when you restore.

That should do it. if you wish to save your position in the playing song you can do the same with the CURRENTTRACKTIME label and SEEKTO command.

Comment

SETLIST did not work. I even hardcode "SETLIST;12" with button at menu.skin, but list did not change.

Comment

Originally posted by efun View Post
                            SETLIST did not work. I even hardcode "SETLIST;12" with button at menu.skin, but list did not change.
                            thats odd. Try adding a SELPL before running the SETLIST command to ensure the playlist is selected.

Comment

Better yet...do you have a playlist in that screen hidden or visable?

Cause you cant set a list to anything if there is no list, and most cmds are executed against the current screen

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
                              Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
                              RRMedia
                              RRExtended
                              DFXVoice

Comment

Working...