Simultaneous video and music?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simultaneous video and music?

Apologies if this question has been answered. A search did not turn up any meaningful results...

Is RR able to output and control video and music simultaneously to different monitors/soundcards? One of the things I like most about the setup in my '04 Odyssey is the ability to have my kids watching a movie in the back (via wireless headphones) and still listen to music up front. The only downside is that I have to use DVDs, which is not only unsafe but a pain in the ***.

I'm hunting around for a frontend that will let me do this and so far coming up empty.

Thanks.
    Portecho: Entertainment Technology News, Reviews and How-to's

I'm not to sure about the sound part, but dual monitors have been done.

IIRC, there was a discussion about running two instances of RR for the purpose you described.

keywords I would think are dualmon or dual or two instances of RR.

GL.
    Pico-ITX / XP Home with EWF-HORM / RR v12/02/2009 / Winamp v5.13 / RRMedia v1.2.2

Comment

Indeed, it has been discussed many times but no definate resolution. Good luck with 2 instances of RR; there is a way to do it by adding a "/2" parameter but it opens-up a whole new bucket of worms.

IIRC, the closest somebody came to doing it required 2 complete RR directories running seperatly.

Best thing to do is with a video card the supports extended desktop and just run MPC in the back (extended desktop) and RR in the front (main display). I don't know what sound will dominate though!
      OLD SYSTEM (DEAD)
      Intel D945GCLF2 Dual Core ATOM
      Lilliput 7" 629GL 2008 LED Backlight
      BU-353 USB GPS Receiver / iGuidance / IGO8
      M2-ATX Power Supply
      RideRunner Front End / Various Skins
      Windows XP SP3

Comment

I do this using my RRVLC plugin and Road Runner.

I have RRVLC standalone but started through RR. I then put the RRVLC on the second screen . I control it through Freedom Ultimate's bottom set of buttons that I modified to allow control of powerdvd or RRVLC.

For music you just make winamp use the secondardy sound card and all is well.

Comment

Originally posted by sensibull View Post
          Apologies if this question has been answered. A search did not turn up any meaningful results...

Is RR able to output and control video and music simultaneously to different monitors/soundcards? One of the things I like most about the setup in my '04 Odyssey is the ability to have my kids watching a movie in the back (via wireless headphones) and still listen to music up front. The only downside is that I have to use DVDs, which is not only unsafe but a pain in the ***.

I'm hunting around for a frontend that will let me do this and so far coming up empty.

Thanks.
          I know the future CF will have that feature. Currently it has multi screen support, but the driver has to activate the functions for the rear. The new version will allow the rear seats to have their own controls, and also the ability to push the sound to their soundcard of choice.
          Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
          4X MK808b
          3x Perixx Touchpads
          3x 7 inch Screens
          1X 7 inch motorized Screen
          1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Working...
          X