No hibernation while RR is running

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No hibernation while RR is running

Okay this is probably really newbie even though I have had a car PC for over a year now, and have done some pretty advanced editing of skins and functions.

However, for some reason I cannot get RideRunner to hibernate. I have force hibernate as true, and hibernate aware as true. I have tried without Riderunner running and my pc hibernates without issue. I have tried with RideRunner running, and winamp not, and still no hibernation while RR is running.

Any help you can suggest would be appreciated. I have been searching every spare minute for the last 2 days, and it seems like my settings are correct, and yet no hibernation.

I am using a Dell Inspiron 8600 laptop with the latest 4/1/09 roadrunner and a customized version of DFX 4 skin. I have tried it with standard DFX 4 skin and Teknik 4 skin and same results.

Thanks in advance.
    CAR: 2007 G35 Sport Coupe 5AT
    HARDWARE: Dell D630 w/ dock, internal 80G HD, internal 320G HD, Verizon Wireless Card, iBlue GM-2 GPS w/iGuidance, OBDPros w/DashCommand, Visteon HD Radio w/ Home Made Cable, Current Version of RR w/ DFX Skin. My Install.

One thing that you forgot to mention (most important BTW) is, how exactly are you trying to hib? Using RR's Hib cmd or startmenu>Hib?
    RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
    Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
    Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
    RRMedia
    RRExtended
    DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

Yes, good point.

The pc hibernates when I tell it to hibernate with RR or the start menu.

I am trying to get the pc to hibernate on idle. I have the pc set to hibernate after 1 minute on idle on battery.

I unplug the power source and the pc never goes to idle while RR is running. The pc hibernates just fine on idle if RR is not running.
      HARDWARE: Dell D630 w/ dock, internal 80G HD, internal 320G HD, Verizon Wireless Card, iBlue GM-2 GPS w/iGuidance, OBDPros w/DashCommand, Visteon HD Radio w/ Home Made Cable, Current Version of RR w/ DFX Skin. My Install.

Comment

Do you happen to have hormdrive set in rrconfig?
        Pico-ITX / XP Home with EWF-HORM / RR v12/02/2009 / Winamp v5.13 / RRMedia v1.2.2

Comment

I have had it set and not set and no hibernate. The ultimate goal is to have the pc shut off when I turn the car off. I have power to the pc until the car is turned off, and am trying to get the pc to power down when it switches to battery . Trying to do this within windows. Is there a better way.

Comment

Originally posted by drewbp View Post
            I have had it set and not set and no hibernate.
            Open rr.ini and delete the hormdrive entry.
            Pico-ITX / XP Home with EWF-HORM / RR v12/02/2009 / Winamp v5.13 / RRMedia v1.2.2

Comment

Originally posted by drewbp View Post
              I am trying to get the pc to hibernate on idle. I have the pc set to hibernate after 1 minute on idle on battery.

I unplug the power source and the pc never goes to idle while RR is running. The pc hibernates just fine on idle if RR is not running.
              Oh.

That's something different then. Nevermind what I said.

Comment

Thought, have you looked into the batt level plugin? Sorry can't exactly remember what its called, but it may have an event that gets fired when it switched modes? And if not, I also believe that its OS and could be easly modded to do this then you would just fire off the rr hib cmd when it detects that its running in batt mode.
                RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
                Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
                Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
                RRMedia
                RRExtended
                DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

I have the sameish problem with my thinkpad. rr, digitalfx 4.0. I want mine to go to standby but it doesnt with rr or just winamp. Have not tried rr without winamp but i figured it was winamp when i tried just that. I downloaded from a thread on here "ShutControl 2.21". Its a program that supposedly (and seems to from its rep) force standby, hibernation, or shut down no matter what program is running or frozen. Havent installed yet but I'd try this.
                  Acer Netbook with 160hdd and 1.60 Ghtz atom - to be installed

Comment

Originally posted by Flaring_Afro View Post
                    I have the sameish problem with my thinkpad. rr, digitalfx 4.0. I want mine to go to standby but it doesnt with rr or just winamp. Have not tried rr without winamp but i figured it was winamp when i tried just that. I downloaded from a thread on here "ShutControl 2.21". Its a program that supposedly (and seems to from its rep) force standby, hibernation, or shut down no matter what program is running or frozen. Havent installed yet but I'd try this.
                    This is exactly what I was looking for. It is actually better than what I was looking for. Since you are not using RR to hibernate, how do you get the present song to start where it was when hibernating. It seems to go back to the start of the song since no resume file is written.

Comment

Working...
                    X