prob wtih iGuidance mm.jpg

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prob wtih iGuidance mm.jpg

I installed the latest version of RideRunner along with iGuidance 3 and when I try to launch the GPS from the main menu (using BMV2 skin) I get an error "missing the following skin picture files: mm.jpg" I had iGuidance working fine with an older version of RR and I set up the config the same but it doesn't work, What am I missing?
    Chris Krug
    owner, turbine minivan
    http://www.youtube.com/krugtech

Well..that screen is telling you that your missing a screen layer picture that is defined, so you either need to fix the skin file, or find said missing pic file. The older versions just ignored any all skin loading errors but now there is more checking and that is one of the checks.
    RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
    Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
    Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
    RRMedia
    RRExtended
    DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

I dropped in an older roadrunner.exe file (renamed to riderunner.exe) and everything worked. Should I stay with the older exe file? I searched and could not find mm.jpg, do I really need it? What is telling the exe file to look for mm.jpg? Is it one of the .skin or .ini files?
      Chris Krug
      owner, turbine minivan

Comment

No, its one of the screen layer pictures that is missing.. open up the skin that was mentioned in that err screen and edit the third line.

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
        Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
        RRMedia
        RRExtended
        DFXVoice

Comment

duh
          -Thanks
          Mitch
          www.rush2112.net

"Did you test it in carwings??"

Sun, Come shine my way
          May healing waters bury all my pain
          Wind, Carry me home
          The fabric of reality is tearing apart
          The piece of me that died
          Will return To live again

Comment

now is that a nice thing to say to one of your customers mitch?
            Chris Krug
            owner, turbine minivan

Comment

heheh, it is Duh...
              thats why we put the error message there, to make you aware of errors in SKIN files
              -Thanks
              Mitch
              www.rush2112.net

Sun, Come shine my way
              Wind, Carry me home

Comment

I'm sorry if my question was not worthy. What may seem second nature for you isn't so clear for others. Some people help others with their lack of knowledge, some mock others for their lack of knowledge. If you want to help, please post, if you want to mock, send me a pm.

Look at Guino, he'll bend over backwards trying to make sure people understand things. And people like me are grateful- a few years ago I had some business in Lexington and I made sure I had time to meet Guino, and take him out for a nice dinner.
                Chris Krug
                owner, turbine minivan

Comment

I was supposed to meet up with him when he was still here in the states, but unfortunately things came about and he wasn't able to meet up..

ya, I don't think that I have come across but only a very few people like guino as far as helping out... Now if we could get all call-in support people to follow his eagerness to help out, world would be a much better place...

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
                  Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
                  RRMedia
                  RRExtended
                  DFXVoice

Comment

tc, it might be worthy, but reread your 1st post....

I get an error "missing the following skin picture files: mm.jpg" I had iGuidance working fine with an older version of RR and I set up the config the same but it doesn't work, What am I missing?
                    the duh, is its telling you what you're missing... then u did some other oddball stuff, like go back to a older rr, which of course the file is still missing, just that older ones dont tell you about it...
                    the key would be 1 find the missing file, or maybe its not important, and fix the skin file that references the missing file
                    it turns out, there are more then a handfull of errors in skins, most of them prob a typo or something left over from a copy paste
                    -Thanks
                    Mitch
                    www.rush2112.net

Sun, Come shine my way
                    Wind, Carry me home

Comment

This puts Enforcer's SkinChecker out of bussiness; reminds me of Microsoft incorporating 3rd party apps into windows.

EDIT: OP - do tell how to fix it the BMV2 error for the benefit of others.
                      OLD SYSTEM (DEAD)
                      Intel D945GCLF2 Dual Core ATOM
                      Lilliput 7" 629GL 2008 LED Backlight
                      BU-353 USB GPS Receiver / iGuidance / IGO8
                      M2-ATX Power Supply
                      RideRunner Front End / Various Skins
                      Windows XP SP3

Comment

There are probably a lot of extra checks that really "should" have been in place long time ago, helps from spending countless mins/hrs tracking down simple user errors that the SW could just tell the user what occurred and maybe inc how to fix, without having to look into the debug log to see WTF is going on all the time and no use a message box to do it.

This puts Enforcer's SkinChecker out of bussiness; reminds me of Microsoft incorporating 3rd party apps into windows.

EDIT: OP - do tell how to fix it the BMV2 error for the benefit of others.
                        Sorta funny...that neither came to mind, or was though about when I added this new error screen. What else of E's can we put out of business...heheheh

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
                        Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
                        RRMedia
                        RRExtended
                        DFXVoice

Comment

Originally posted by mitchjs View Post
                          the duh, is its telling you what you're missing... then u did some other oddball stuff, like go back to a older rr, which of course the file is still missing, just that older ones dont tell you about it...
                          the key would be 1 find the missing file, or maybe its not important, and fix the skin file that references the missing file
                          it turns out, there are more then a handfull of errors in skins, most of them prob a typo or something left over from a copy paste
                          I didn't know "duh" was a code word for all the above.....

Anyway, I guess the simple answer is to go back to the latest .exe and then edit the skin file for the gps. I have no idea what mm.jpg is, can't find it anywhere and iGuidance doesn't seem to have anything missing.

I hope my old sirius USB adapter will work ok
                          Chris Krug
                          owner, turbine minivan

Comment

Originally posted by turbochris View Post
                            I didn't know "duh" was a code word for all the above.....

Anyway, I guess the simple answer is to go back to the latest .exe and then edit the skin file for the gps. I have no idea what mm.jpg is, can't find it anywhere and iGuidance doesn't seem to have anything missing.

I hope my old sirius USB adapter will work ok
                            Open external_gps.skin and look at the third line of the header; the last entry is ;mm.jpg change it to ;mm_off.jpg

That should do it.

Don't just drop-in every now and then to get the latest stuff then dissapear - stick around and help others. Mitch probably looked at your join date and post count to determine the level of knowledge you SHOULD have.
                            OLD SYSTEM (DEAD)
                            Intel D945GCLF2 Dual Core ATOM
                            Lilliput 7" 629GL 2008 LED Backlight
                            BU-353 USB GPS Receiver / iGuidance / IGO8
                            M2-ATX Power Supply
                            RideRunner Front End / Various Skins
                            Windows XP SP3

Comment

Originally posted by treetop777 View Post
                              Don't just drop-in every now and then to get the latest stuff then dissapear - stick around and help others. Mitch probably looked at your join date and post count to determine the level of knowledge you SHOULD have.
                              I respect that. I have my own business now and it eats up a lot of my time. It's hard for me to contribute like I did in the past.
                              Chris Krug
                              owner, turbine minivan

Comment

Working...
                              X