Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roadrunner with infill g4 radio control

hello

I am new in the forum but its great and i love it, i have a question someone can use RR with the Infill G4 because i can use the radio controls i was looking and i think that is because a need an API or something like this

any help will be appretiated

I'm also interested to know if RR supports Infill G4 radio. Can't find any info on it.

Comment

If documentation (and possibly a sample code) for the Infill Radio is available, then it should be simple to make a support and/or a plugin for it -- I was actually under the impression that the infill had a stand-alone radio (not connected/related to the computer at all).
      Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
      "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Centrafuse can control the Infill G4 radio through mixer linein with presets etc but I'm not sure if they did it with support from Infill company that has since gone under. There's a CFInfill.dll in CF folder and I'm sure there is something that comes with default InfillStation too which also controls the radio.

Not sure if there's any documentation but would the dlls help?

The G4 was launched here but I'm surprised searching for radio support for RR throws up nothing even though I recalled some posts that someone managed to look into it with some success. Can't remember if it was to hack the orginal files or something as I'm not a programmer and can't seem to find the posts anymore.

Comment

Gino,

I found this post which seems to be iteresting. I'm really looking forward to have access to my g4's radio through RR

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/soft...infill-g4.html

Your help is extremelly appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by papurri View Post
            Gino,

I found this post which seems to be iteresting. I'm really looking forward to have access to my g4's radio through RR

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/soft...infill-g4.html

Your help is extremelly appreciated
            This is what is what we need, but does this "InfillG4Cmd.dll" comes with the Infill or with StreetDeck ? I don't believe (or know) that we can just start using it if it's a streetdeck module. If it just comes with the computer, than we can probably add it without much of an issue.

I would like to request that someone right-click the DLL and ask to view properties, then on the version tab, look at company and product name.. if it says streetdeck then I don't think we have the right to use the file without someone obtaining StreetDeck's consent for it. If it says infill or something like that, then it should be ok for us to use, but still would be good to ask permission to use the file (from whoever made it) or try to obtain any licensing information pertaining to the file.
            Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
            "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

I don't have Streedeck but for Infill G4 radio module, CFInfill.dll that comes with Centrafuse has Centrafuse name on it.

I'm not at my car now but I wonder InfillStation, the frontend that came with the G4 (downloadable from here) will give any clues? Since Infill has folded, I suppose it should be ok to use any related files from InfillStation if they helps?

Comment

cars, the cf dll is a .net wrapper to

InfillG4Cmd.dll

find that, and we can use that...
                maybe it comes with infilstation.. i dont know

i dont have a infil, so im the type of programmer, who needs to see it start to work, to be motivated to code it up
                -Thanks
                Mitch
                www.rush2112.net

"Did you test it in carwings??"

Sun, Come shine my way
                May healing waters bury all my pain
                Wind, Carry me home
                The fabric of reality is tearing apart
                The piece of me that died
                Will return To live again

Comment

got it

i found on a russian forum, the G4SDK

evaling it
                  -Thanks
                  Mitch
                  www.rush2112.net

Sun, Come shine my way
                  Wind, Carry me home

Comment

Thanks to all who are looking into it.

I'm not a programmer but let me know how I can help.

Comment

NO PROB, give me a few days, im gonna try to take on a complete radio clean up
                      in RR, which would make it SO much easier to support more tuners...
                      -Thanks
                      Mitch
                      www.rush2112.net

Sun, Come shine my way
                      Wind, Carry me home

Comment

Thanks! Looking forward to it!