Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ride Runner front end

Hello,

I have been thinking on building a carputer for a long time. The other day I downloaded the newest Ride Runner front end. However, I am not hugely program savy, is there any good threads to help me set up all the programs under ride runner. I got the dvd and winamp working, and the propper weather location, but thats about it hehe.

Thanks

This is where most info can be found:
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/rr-faq/
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Sorry to sound rash, but holy poo on a stick... I have been a long time user of SD, and I have always been tempted by the allure of the maturity of this product, as well as it seems to support almost everything on earth (but you'd be hard pressed to figure out where everything was and how to set it up).

Yep, I'm an MS person (boo, ya, I know), and a programmer as well, but I get confused as hell going through all the information too...lol

It kind of reminds me of hitting the linux forums, but I too am curious enough to give this a go sometime soon...
      View my current SD Projects:

Comment

If you're used to taking/accepting/using the software as is out out of the box, then you probably don't need to read most of the above. Basically you'd only have to follow the instructions HERE which are quite simple. However, not reading any further will limit greatly the potential customizations you would probably like to use from the software, meaning, you'd just have to "learn" how to use the software as-is (pretty much like you'd do in other front ends or any other software that you can't customize as much as RR).
        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
        "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

I just installed it. Massively complex.

However...

I have to say I am very impressed, the sheer flexibility and snappiness means for me it is Ride Runner over Centrafuse*

* = if I can get it all set up nicely!

Comment

Ride Runner is the "Cadillac" of front ends, yet costs nothing, except for time & effort.
            RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
            Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
            Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
            RRMedia
            RRExtended
            DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

I don't agree with your comparison, I think it is great, so shouldn't be compared to an American car! ;-)

I can see how it requires a lot more setup, but it has the flexability i've been looking for, and I prefer the music browser a lot. Now I just need to figure out how to have only the options I want appearing (music, photos, GPS, etc.. getting rid of radio and a few more)

Comment

read the quick start guides and do the tutorial

and it is complex some of the info in the how too's can be a bit brief, but there are plenty of nice people here to ask the silly questions to, and lots of examples if you have a look about.
                also the trying a forum search first is a good start with most things.

Comment

Thats good for a start. I have Winamp working also, but not DVD. Im guessing it's a path error, or a codec issue. I'm searching as we speak.

Comment

Working...
                  X