Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can i retrieve a specific playlist entry?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can i retrieve a specific playlist entry?

I'm trying to read each item in the playlist into an array for an extension plugin. Is there a better way than reading LISTPOS then running then DOWN command?
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

You could save the playlist out as a temp file and then just read the text file line by line. It accomplishes the same thing, just that you are not slamming RR over and over, and having to watch the Down, Down, Down on the screen till it completes. Especially if it is a large playlist. This would also allow you to do it from any screen, and not only if the list is showing.

Something Like:
    SAVELIST;$PLAYLISTPATH$Temporary\TempOutput.m3u
    Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

makes perfect sense. Thanks john, back to RRShoutcast!

Comment

There's a TRACKPATHXXXX label that can return the item XXX of the list directly as well, but if you're going to read the whole list, you're better off saving the list as mentioned above.
        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
        "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Originally posted by guino View Post
          There's a TRACKPATHXXXX label that can return the item XXX of the list directly as well, but if you're going to read the whole list, you're better off saving the list as mentioned above.
          i tried both TRACKPATHXXX and LISTPOSXXXTRACKPATH. Both return URLs (dealing with internet radio) instead of whats visible in the winamp playlist. I've got the problem solved though, Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X