Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Startup screen?

Hello everybody!

Haven't been around this place for years!! I see a lot of changes! (in a good way)

anyway, I just revived my carPC with a new SSD hdd, new motherboard and I installed the new RideRunner ... I've had experience with the old versions so I know my way around it but I haven't been able to solve one thing... Recently I started getting this screen that tells me to go to the website for an updated version and so on... I already have the newest version but this screen keeps coming back... what am I doing wrong?

I'm sure it's been answered but I can't seem to find it anywhere... I know...

anyways, thanks!!

-Emo

Just a quick guess without knowing the software. What about your system time? is that correct?

Alot of software uses the system time to check if a certain time period has passed.
    2004 Holden WL Caprice Auto GENIII
    Base System = Raspberry Pi
    Everything else is pending for now as switched from a Mini-ITX setup

Comment

are you using the installer?

Comment

Originally posted by mayhembdm666 View Post
        Just a quick guess without knowing the software. What about your system time? is that correct?

Alot of software uses the system time to check if a certain time period has passed.

Computer date/time is wrong and/or using GPS as server.
        OLD SYSTEM (DEAD)
        Intel D945GCLF2 Dual Core ATOM
        Lilliput 7" 629GL 2008 LED Backlight
        BU-353 USB GPS Receiver / iGuidance / IGO8
        M2-ATX Power Supply
        RideRunner Front End / Various Skins
        Windows XP SP3

Comment

hmm... I now that think about it, I was doing a BIOS update (for the right resolution) and it gave me a system date/time error at first.. maybe that's it... thanks guys! I'll check it out and let you know!

Comment

anyone know what specifically make this happen. Is it timed? say every 3 months it says go get an update. cause I got this aswell. latest version.

kind of annoying... how can we turn this "feature" off
            New Project in the Works

Previous Worklog here

Comment

Search!! All you need to do a simple search and do < 2 min of reading you'd have all of your answers.

There are now at least 4 threads dealing with this question...
              RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
              Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
              Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
              RRMedia
              RRExtended
              DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

kk ill search, didnt see a thread on the front page...
                New Project in the Works

Previous Worklog here

Comment

am I blind? I checked all posts back until the date of that release and I didnt see anything that ressembles this.

I checked titles, is it buried in a giant thread about the update?

EDIT: ok I found one, basically it just says to make sure ur date and time are right and not use the "update time from GPS"?

I'm curious tho is there a way to turn this off completely? I didnt see an answer to that because I dont wanna have to get this screen every couple months...
                  New Project in the Works

Previous Worklog here

Comment

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/road...light=reminder
                    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/road...light=reminder
                    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

I'd normally say you didn't read far enough after finding that answer b/c that usually follows that Q&A.

NO, it's there for a reason. In a nut shell, keeps others from calling it their own work, and shows guino's and the other (Me and mitchjs) codes commitment to keep this going and updated.

I really do hate to be harsh like this but...C'mon people try reading/searching. Thats not really asking too much for Free software like this.
                      RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
                      Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
                      Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
                      RRMedia
                      RRExtended
                      DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

heh sorry, while u guys were posting this I was reading the update thread where there was a giant discussion about it... i didnt realize it was such a hot topic ...

ok well ill be sure to check my dates / times and get it figured out.

Thanks
                        New Project in the Works

Previous Worklog here

Comment

Well, first, I wanna say sorry for posting this, I said I searched already but nothing showed up.

Anyway, you guys were right, for some reason my date was back in 2006 and as soon as I fixed it, it went away! Thanks again!

-Emo

Comment

Working...
                          X