MPC DVD Control Issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MPC DVD Control Issue

Hey all. The issue that I am having is that whenever I go to play a DVD within RR using MPC, the damn seek bar built into MPC keeps reappearing at the beginning of the movie. The only ways I found to get rid of it is to either right-click on the screen, and turn the seek bar view off, or hit the forward button twice on the player controls, and it goes away.

Now, I have checked to see if it reappeared in MPC alone, and I can confirm that it doesn't. It only happens within RR, and that's all.

Also, I have it set so that MPC creates an .ini file, where I made sure that ControlSet is set to 0. Sadly enough, that does nothing to prevent the program from reverting back to having the seek bar reappear within RR.

Could this be an issue with the coding in RR, or maybe even the skin?

Using the eLite Lite 1.1 skin.

If you change any MPC settings you should edit them in MPC.INI -- NOT mplayerc.ini .. RR will use MPC.INI for MPC regardless of what's in mplayerc.ini. Still, RR takes control of MPC to show/hide the seek bar when it needs... if the bar is showing, either the MPC version you're using has been changed/modified, isn't a tested version or there's some sort of application running that is preventing the shortcut keys RR uses from being sent to MPC correctly.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Originally posted by guino View Post
      If you change any MPC settings you should edit them in MPC.INI -- NOT mplayerc.ini .. RR will use MPC.INI for MPC regardless of what's in mplayerc.ini. Still, RR takes control of MPC to show/hide the seek bar when it needs... if the bar is showing, either the MPC version you're using has been changed/modified, isn't a tested version or there's some sort of application running that is preventing the shortcut keys RR uses from being sent to MPC correctly.
      Alright, so what I did is I created an mpc.ini out of mplayerc.ini, and made sure the settings were exact. I tried out the DVD player, and sure enough, when I click "Play Movie" on the title menu on the DVD, the seek bar still reappears.

If anything, it could be what you were saying with an application preventing it. So, what I did was completely uninstall RR, Winamp, K-Lite pack, and any skins I had on the system. After that, I cleaned out any unused keys within the registry, just to get out any traces that were left of those programs. Then, I reinstalled RR, then Winamp, then the eLite skin (left out K-Lite for now).

I then went in and tried out the DVD player within the eLite skin, where the seek bar reappeared (pre-mpc.ini creation). Then, I configured everything properly with MPC (the one that came with RR), and created a mpc.ini from it. Tested it out again, and still, the seek bar reappears.

The only application that I have boot up with the system is the Toshiba bluetooth stack, and that is all. I cannot think of any program that could be preventing it. I don't have antivirus/spyware programs installed, and this machine was recently reformatted.

If there is no way to get rid of this, i'll probably just have to deal for now, I guess.

Comment

If I recall, the code constantly tries to hide the seek bar -- maybe the version of MPC you're using has something different (and thus why you're seeing it). I'll ask you to make sure you have the latest RR and check/try a different version of MPC to see.. I'll test it myself meanwhile.
        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
        "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

If I recall, the code constantly tries to hide the seek bar -- maybe the version of MPC you're using has something different (and thus why you're seeing it). I'll ask you to make sure you have the latest RR and check/try a different version of MPC to see.. I'll test it myself meanwhile.
          For RR, I have been using the latest build (version 4/20/09). With MPC, I have tested out 2 other builds. The original build that came with RR was 6.4.8.2. The other builds I tried were 6.4.9.0+, and 6.4.9.1 (revision 89). Both MPC versions still had the same issues.

Now, here is the thing. Is there another .ini that is saving MPC settings as well? Maybe in C:\Windows? Because even when I delete mplayerc.ini and mpc.ini, and I try out other versions in windows, they all see to retain and share the same settings, even though all 3 are in different folders.

Comment

I've just tried versions 6.4.8.7 and 6.4.9.0 (newest) both of them worked fine. And the seek bar was hidden in both of them, however, for DVD playback, the seekbar was visible in the title menu, but not during actual playback -- I don't recall if this was by design or if it's some specific issue with DVDs with menus (I'd have to look at the code closely for that). There are alternatives to MPC for DVD playback: VLC plugin, WinDVD/PowerDVD, etc.. I also remember a KMPlayer plugin which I can't seem to find right now..
            Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

RR will use the MPC that you specified in the CONFIG/RR.INI ONLY. And it NEEDS its standard mpc.ini file in RR's folder in order for it to work -- if you have (at some point) deleted that file, you should replace it with the DEFAULT ONE which is required (attached). You CAN edit mpc.ini for custom settings, but you should NOT change its default settings.
              Attached Files
              Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

RR will use the MPC that you specified in the CONFIG/RR.INI ONLY. And it NEEDS its standard mpc.ini file in RR's folder in order for it to work -- if you have (at some point) deleted that file, you should replace it with the DEFAULT ONE which is required (attached). You CAN edit mpc.ini for custom settings, but you should NOT change its default settings.
                Well, that did the trick. Before, what it was doing was there was no seek bar at all when the DVD first started, but once I actually played the movie, it appeared. With this, it just reversed it, like you said.

I need to grasp a better understanding with the mpc.ini file. Thank you for your help!

Comment

I've also improved it a bit more so the seekbar won't show in the menus anymore.
                  Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Working...
                  X