Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick Skin Resizer ... not sure if its helpful or not.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Skin Resizer ... not sure if its helpful or not.

Hi Guys,

I know theres a few applications out there for doing skins , but i wanted to do one manually the other day and i found it very tedious - the Garmin OSK skin and i didnt want to really use an application , so i wrote a PHP script to do it for me.

Im not promising miracles with this , but ill let it online and if people want to use it they can - if people find it good , ill integrate an image resizing script into it as well - it worked for me , but it may not for others.

http://www.theotherzone.com/Roadrunner/index.php

Anyway , you put in the Original size of the skin you have , and the size you want it to be , and paste the skin into the textbox , and it should return the resized skin data for you.

The first 5 lines are for the skin names etc so try to keep all that data up there - after that anything commented out is ignored and it just assumes the the second bit of data is width and the 3rd bit is height and it changes the data it can.

Anyway , post and let me know if it works or helps out in any way.

This is sorta not super useful, as RR can resize the skin internally(both the graphics and coords)

As for the resizing images, there are many free apps that will do batch processing of files. I use InfraView for just about all my viewing needs...but to each his own.
    RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
    Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
    Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
    RRMedia
    RRExtended
    DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

I couldnt get it to resize the Garmin OSK and theres a full keyboard on that so i didnt want to do it all manually for my 1024x768 screen.

For some reason my traffic cams wouldnt resize either so i just did them manually.

I found it useful myself , and im just putting it out there in case anyone else needs it , though i know its all supposed to be automatic.

Comment

Originally posted by djtaz View Post
        I couldnt get it to resize the Garmin OSK and theres a full keyboard on that so i didnt want to do it all manually for my 1024x768 screen.

For some reason my traffic cams wouldnt resize either so i just did them manually.

I found it useful myself , and im just putting it out there in case anyone else needs it , though i know its all supposed to be automatic.

Which version of traffic cams?

Comment

I tried 1.2 , 1.3 and 1.4 beta - i dont think its the traffic cam app , i think there is something up with the way my roadrunner does things because my screen was giving trouble and i couldnt display the 800x600 res on it any more for some reason and had to change to 1024x768 which they say doesnt work , but it does for me, so i changed around the RR settings but some of the apps wouldnt resize for some reason.

I went into the skins.ini and the trafficcams.ini files and changed them there but nothing helped except changing the eskin manually.

Comment

OK, so you are using the standalone version within RR.

The 1.3 and 1.4Beta versions will autosize to whatever windowsize that RR tries to resize them to. However it needs to have embedded it correctly and to do that it needs to have the correct window name.

However it is recommend that you use the RRPlugin with RR rather than the standalone version now.

Comment

Thats prob where i went wrong so , but its all good either way - working fine now after a resize so no harm done and im happy to have a little script in case i need it again for anything.

Thanks , as always, for the input enforcer and good job with the traffic cams in the dublin area - theres one about a min from my house that i didnt even know was there.

Comment

worked flawlessly, thank you!

Comment

Glad i could help out

You can show me round Buenos Aires when i come visit

Comment

Working...
                  X