HD Radio not detected anymore

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HD Radio not detected anymore

I got a new directed dmhd-1000 unit about a month ago because my previous one stopped working.

I have been using it for about a month without any problems. I am running RideRunner version 5/1/2009.

Today when i loaded rr it said the hd radio couldn't be found, so i tried mitches application and it couldn't find it, i can hear the hd radio click, but then clicks again immediately as if its turning right off. THis was the same side effects from the previous one.

I have attached a copy of my debug.txt file and hopefully someone can tell me something from looking at the file. Looks like its connecting, but doesn't say much in the file. I just figured it was something stealing my comport, but have tried changing it a few times with no success.

Thanks for the help..
    Attached Files

Did you try using the screen that the radio originally came with? That's my first test when it's messing up... make sure the radio can actually communicate and nothing's blown.
    2001 Mustang Convertible Worklog
    Indigo Custom Frontend (Flash/Delphi)
    Blog

Qube v1.3 Now Available at the mp3Car Store!!!!!!
    The simplest IO controller you'll ever use!

Comment

TeamRSX,

HD---> oHD_HDRadioEventSysErrorRadioNotFound

port set right in RR.ini?? hdradioport=

do exactly what colin said, use my HD Radio PCR program
      make sure hardware is OK

try on another computer

try it with the supplied LCD display (if u didnt throw it away )
      -Thanks
      Mitch
      www.rush2112.net

"Did you test it in carwings??"

Sun, Come shine my way
      May healing waters bury all my pain
      Wind, Carry me home
      The fabric of reality is tearing apart
      The piece of me that died
      Will return To live again

Comment

It seems for what ever reason these units do not last very long. I went through 3 of them in one year and just gave up on the whole idea.
        They would work for a few months then one day just die.
        New Age Garmin - Skin for RR
        New Age Slider - RR SKin In Progress
        "It's called CODE because I don't want you to know"

Comment

Mine works still fine. Have it over a year now and not one problem.

Comment

Mines still works but has speaker feed back coming from the HD radio. My wiring hasn't change but is getting worse by the day.

Comment

Thanks for the reply guys.

This is my second tuner in a year.

I do have the right comport set in rr.ini. I even posted my rr.ini just in case i missed something, windows has set that comport=3 for my tuner, so in rr.ini hdradioport=3 from what i remember.

I tried mitch's pcr program, but again it didn't find the radio tuner.

My next step is to try it on a different computer and try it with the supplied lcd display, but in my guess i think its the tuner and it was working fine for about a month with no problems or changes, so in my guess i would say the radio tuner is toast.

I just wish there was another solution for am/fm radio like this, this method works great, but seems like the radios don't last long. too bad..

Also, if your going to look at my rr.ini file please just remove the .zip from the file extension in order to view it as rr.ini, instead of rr.ini.zip.

thanks..
              Attached Files

Comment

I don't think i'm going to buy another hd tuner, as they are hard to find and don't last very long in my experience.

Is there any other maybe usb radio out there that may be passable to listen to?

I only need it for fm/am as i only used the hd radio for this as there are no hd stations where i live.

Would it be worth wild to try something like the radioshark? i hear the reception is alright, but i will only be listening to analog fm/am stations anyways? Can the radioshark be embedded into riderunner?

Also, never used the radioshark, but does it use the stock antenna?

Comment

I have the Visteon HDZ300 and it works great but I see now that the prices have gone way up.
                  Gee

Comment

This isn't good to hear...I've had my directed unit for about a month now. Hopefully it lasts a while. The soldering of the power cables inside that fuse box were not done very well and the wires broke off while I was installing it. I had to resolder it. I guess it's a good thing I still have my HQCT as backup.

Comment

i have had 2 like forever!!
                      and i use mine alot!!!

no issues... maybe u got a power supply issue...

test it... if its bad, mail it to me, let me see if i can fix... might be so simple

mitch
                      -Thanks
                      Mitch
                      www.rush2112.net

Sun, Come shine my way
                      Wind, Carry me home

Comment

Ok, so i finally got around to testing the directed hd tuner i have in my car that hasn't been working for a few days. Its a little tricky to get at because its behind my dash kit, but i managed to do some testing.

First, i left the radio in my car and took out mitch's cable and replaced it with the stock cable an lcd screen which comes with the unit. First try it worked perfect, so then i thought there might be a problem with mitch's cable.

I put mitch's cable back on and it didn't work, so time to test it out on another computer.

Brought it inside to another computer i have, hooked it up with the stock cable and lcd screen and works. So, then i tried mitchs cable and his hd radio pcr and it found it first try. So, looks like the unit and mitch's cable are working fine, i think its a com port conflict.

I still have so many com ports which windows still thinks are being used, my gps is probably stealing the comport or something. Does anyone know of a tool to clean up your com ports?

Its so weird though, one day its working fine, the next its not. i didn't even change any settings..

THanks for the help guys, hopefully i can get this thing working..

Comment

have you tried xport http://curioustech.home.insightbb.com/xport.html

Comment

xport, not the answe here...

something is grabbing the comport....

iguidance?
                            -Thanks
                            Mitch
                            www.rush2112.net

Sun, Come shine my way
                            Wind, Carry me home

Comment

You can use portmon:
                              http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s.../bb896644.aspx

To see if anything else has control of the com port.
                              "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
                              RevFE
                              My Shop

Comment

Working...
                              X