PNGs on loader screen and loader screen resizing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PNGs on loader screen and loader screen resizing

Just found out that the loader screen doesn't work with PNGs.
    Can it be changed, that the loader screen also supports PNGs and backgrounds ?

Also, the loading screen doesn't scale accordingly to the general.ini of the skin file. If I have an 800x480 skin and viewsize for RR is 800x600, the skin resizes properly, but not the loader screen.
    Checked this the last time with an older version, though. But didn't find anything in the changelogs of newer versions, so I guess it's still in.

How many dumb requests remaining, till I get annoying ?

Originally posted by Konrad View Post
    Just found out that the loader screen doesn't work with PNGs.
    Can it be changed, that the loader screen also supports PNGs and backgrounds ?
    Tough call on that request... the loader screen is done way early in the loading process...among the first besides reading ini files

Originally posted by Konrad View Post
    Also, the loading screen doesn't scale accordingly to the general.ini of the skin file. If I have an 800x480 skin and viewsize for RR is 800x600, the skin resizes properly, but not the loader screen.
    Do-able ...
    RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
    Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
    Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
    RRMedia
    RRExtended
    DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

keep in mind, pngs are NOT supported by VB6, i bet they didnt exist when VB6 was 1st out

png support is handled via GDI
      -Thanks
      Mitch
      www.rush2112.net

"Did you test it in carwings??"

Sun, Come shine my way
      May healing waters bury all my pain
      Wind, Carry me home
      The fabric of reality is tearing apart
      The piece of me that died
      Will return To live again

Comment

Ya, you didn't know back in the vb6 eara ( '98 ), they would have had to ask you wtf you were talking about if you asked em to send over the png files....
        RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
        Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
        Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
        RRMedia
        RRExtended
        DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

I guess the GDI loading is pretty early (correct me if I'm wrong). What takes the most time is preloading screens and starting winamp. The rest is rather instantly. So I guess it would be enough if the loader screen ist just shown after loading GDI, don't you think ?

Comment

i use this custom loader, what it does is, plays a flash movie on top of RR, until RR is fully loaded.
            Attached Files
            BASSRR ==> [Audio Player/MusicDB/Cd Player/Ripper/Rate/Internet Radio/Audio Capture/Youtube Video]
            RRTube ==> [View/Download Youtube Videos]
            WifiMan ==> [Wifi Manager]
            RRec ==> [Audio Capture]

If You Want To Be Given Everything, Give Everything Up ...
            Bird York -- In The Deep --

Comment

The purpose for the loader screen is to provide some user feedback while loading the other components of the software. It does not resize by general.ini and does not support PNG files because it would require some extra processing (which would increase the loading time). The loader screen DOES RESIZE -- but according to the size of the image specified for it. This screen is very lightweight and very limited, exactly so there's no discussion and/or insinuations that it could "increase" the loading time of the software... so while adding those features is possible, I wouldn't recommend it -- or at the most, add them as an option so they would work (and affect the loading time) only when they're used.
              Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
              "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Well, if you really want the splash screen to update w/ the skins background, I put together a script to do just that. I use it in my skin to make images not supported by GDI+ in RR.

The script makes combines menu_OFF.png, cdrip_OFF.png, cdrip_ON.png, cdrip_DOWN.png, and loader.png with the $background$ variable to make:

menu_OFF.jpg
                cdrip_OFF.jpg
                cdrip_ON.jpg
                cdrip_DOWN.jpg
                loader.bmp

The script will communicate with RR to make a copy of the image specified by $background$ and make a resized copy (800x600) in $skinpath$support\ folder then merge them w/ the png's listed above.
                Attached Files
                Pico-ITX / XP Home with EWF-HORM / RR v12/02/2009 / Winamp v5.13 / RRMedia v1.2.2

Comment

Think of the low res screen windows uses until windows is ready, with all the graphics drivers and such, to display in the resolution you have your desktop set to. Road Runner loads in much the same way.
                  Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by guino View Post
                    The purpose for the loader screen is to provide some user feedback while loading the other components of the software. It does not resize by general.ini and does not support PNG files because it would require some extra processing.
                    I understand your point about pngs. I would still like to see loader screen resizing accoring to the general.ini in a future release. Guess this wouldn't slow down loading RR. I understand that this would be low priority .

Comment

Working...
                    X