Best way too add Album Art?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way too add Album Art?

I use Rhapsody for all of my music and convert it with a program called Tunebite. They are all selected to include the album art but I think that its actually part of the mp3? If I play it with wmp or something its got the art for it but since it seems for RR and winamp you have to have the jpg in a separate folder I dunno how to add it for my music. I have over 2000 songs so I am not going threw and hunting the images for all my artist and putting them in there. What are my options here?

use the Mp3Art plugin.
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

How to get album art.

Also check out the FAQ I put together HERE.

Album Cover Art downloader (Link in the FAQ) is a fantastic little free program. It can download a selection of album covers in various resolutions, as well as save out the ones that are embedded into the album folder for you.
      Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

Thanks a bunch guys! I saw the plugin when I was searching but for some reason missed the part that it was for the songs that have it embedded(just what I need)..oops lol

Question on the instructions what does step 2 mean?

2-Regsvr32 MP3ART.DLL

Nvm figured that out but it still displays nothing...hmm ima search the thread.

And again nvm..Got it! Works great!

Only thing is I can only get it to display the album art on the music page. I went through and added the line x,mp3art or whatever in all my skin files but it just randomly displays my honda image that is not even in the music folder?
        Attached Files

Comment

actually i have an improved mp3art plugin...
          i cleaned up the code a bit... i really need to post it but i keep forgetting

I just posted it
          http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/rr-p...rt-plugin.html
          -Thanks
          Mitch
          www.rush2112.net

"Did you test it in carwings??"

Sun, Come shine my way
          May healing waters bury all my pain
          Wind, Carry me home
          The fabric of reality is tearing apart
          The piece of me that died
          Will return To live again

Comment

Tunebite has an album art feature built in as well.
            My Nearly Complete Car:
            http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ed-car-pc.html

Micro Control Center... Control Your Car Across the Internet
            http://www.mp3car.com/fusion-brain/1...-internet.html

Website: (It's a work in progress, really. All my projects have taken me from ever really developing it.)
            http://paulfurtado.com/

Comment

Originally posted by mdawg View Post
              I went through and added the line x,mp3art or whatever in all my skin files but it just randomly displays my honda image that is not even in the music folder?
              I am surprised Mitch didn't catch that when he responded

You need to put the X,MP3 in ONLY the menu.skin. This is the very first skin that is loaded, and thus loads the plugins from that skin. You need to remove it from all the other skins you put it into.

Secondly, if you are using a newer version of Ride Runner, the X,MP3 line is not needed at all. Just put the dll in the Ride Runner/Plugins folder, and RR will load it for you automatically. Just make sure you register it again if you move it.
              Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

Hmm still it only shows it for that one page. Any idea John?

Comment

Hmm still it only shows it for that one page. Any idea John?
                  i'm assuming u've skinned the other pages with an ALBUMART indicator?
                  mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
                  Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
                  Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

wonder why you would not just use mp3tag program since it embeds the art into the mp3 id tag. its really easy to use and varifies your file names etc are correct http://www.mp3tag.de/en/ via Amazon etc.

Mp3tag supports online database lookups from, e.g., Amazon, discogs, or freedb, allowing you to automatically gather proper tags and cover art for your music library.

just a thought...

Comment

thats the one i use!

mp3tag
                      -Thanks
                      Mitch
                      www.rush2112.net

"Did you test it in carwings??"

Sun, Come shine my way
                      May healing waters bury all my pain
                      Wind, Carry me home
                      The fabric of reality is tearing apart
                      The piece of me that died
                      Will return To live again

Comment

Originally posted by alienagenda View Post
                        wonder why you would not just use mp3tag program since it embeds the art into the mp3 id tag. its really easy to use and varifies your file names etc are correct http://www.mp3tag.de/en/ via Amazon etc.

Mp3tag supports online database lookups from, e.g., Amazon, discogs, or freedb, allowing you to automatically gather proper tags and cover art for your music library.

just a thought...
                        Like I said in my first post, Tunebite does that for me. If it wasn't there it wouldnt even show up on the front page, the problem I am having is not that I dont have the album art its getting it to show on all my pages.

Comment

did you follow johns instructions?, have you tried another skin?, i'll say post the code you use for the indicator, none working screens.
                          BASSRR ==> [Audio Player/MusicDB/Cd Player/Ripper/Rate/Internet Radio/Audio Capture/Youtube Video]
                          RRTube ==> [View/Download Youtube Videos]
                          WifiMan ==> [Wifi Manager]
                          RRec ==> [Audio Capture]

If You Want To Be Given Everything, Give Everything Up ...
                          Bird York -- In The Deep --

Comment

Like I said in my first post, Tunebite does that for me. If it wasn't there it wouldnt even show up on the front page, the problem I am having is not that I dont have the album art its getting it to show on all my pages.
                            If the art for the MP3s is showing, then it's working as it should. The Honda image is only showing because when you're browsing for songs, RR looks for images on the music folders to find an image that relates to the current folder OR folder that you have selected in the list. Basically just find that image file in the hard drive (probably on your music folder or one level up/down) and move it somewhere else (FAR from your music folder), that's all. No Album art will show when browsing for songs because RR can only do that when they're image files in the corresponding folders (unless mitch did anything to improve on that).
                            Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                            "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Ahh see thats what was confusing me I thought the plugin took care of the music browsing as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X