Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't get RideRunner to use old Brushed Metal skin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Can't get RideRunner to use old Brushed Metal skin

    I'm trying to switch from an old copy of RoadRunner to the latest RideRunner (6/1 I believe) and hitting a few snags:
    1. The old road runner launches as the same time as RideRunner (had to rename the old directory).
    2. When changing the skin, the only way that I can get it running in RideRunner is to use the save and restart RR option. If I simply launch RideRunner from the shortcut on the desktop or directly from the exe, it goes into the default skin.

    Bugs so far:
    1. If I try and use the WMP support rather than winamp, playback is paused when I resume from sleep.
    2. I had real problems targeting entries in the music list - double clicks to one folder didn't change the selection and instead the contents of the currently selected folder were presented to me.
    Progress: 80% - Permanent install left.
    Motion LS800 Tablet PC and dock.
    Vista, Bu-535 GPS, RoadRunner, MPT2006.

  • #2
    When making such a big jump, one should ALWAYS do some reading to see whats changed or required ect before jumping in...

    Originally posted by Arathranar
    I'm trying to switch from an old copy of RoadRunner to the latest RideRunner (6/1 I believe) and hitting a few snags:
    1. The old road runner launches as the same time as RideRunner (had to rename the old directory).
    What your seeing is not the old RR.exe but the newer RoadRunner.exe which is there only to keep backwards compatibilty.

    [QUOTE=Arathranar]
    2. When changing the skin, the only way that I can get it running in RideRunner is to use the save and restart RR option. If I simply launch RideRunner from the shortcut on the desktop or directly from the exe, it goes into the default skin.
    [/qoute]

    "When changing the skin" How are you doing this..ie config/in the skin? If from within the skin, do you have the autoskin change opt set, as this would do what your describing.


    Originally posted by Arathranar
    Bugs so far:
    2. I had real problems targeting entries in the music list - double clicks to one folder didn't change the selection and instead the contents of the currently selected folder were presented to me.
    Yes, that would be correct. You dbl click on a folder in the list is just like vanilia windz, opens to that folder.
    RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

    Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
    Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

    DFX 5.1.1 Skin
    Appstore Link

    My RideRunner Plugins
    RRMedia
    RRExtended
    DFXVoice

    "There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

    Comment


    • #3
      Seems like you have some install issues... the new RR can't co-exist in the same machine with the old one as there are several public objects defined on the main EXE. I also suggest you keep the RoadRunner.exe (Compatibility app) in RR's folder to prevent issues from plugins trying to access RR in another place.

      The brushmetal skin does work (and I use it daily for testing) with the new RR.

      By default, double clicking a folder goes into the folder -- it's always been that way unless you change it in exectbl.ini (Skin's OR RR's).

      Remember to ALWAYS run RR and RRConfig as Admin -- or you will get weird problems...

      On WMP, no extensive testing has been done for hibernation/suspend with that player. This is the first I hear about an issue on it, but unless you're playing stuff off the network, I would assume it should resume normally.
      Ride Runner RR's Myspace

      "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
      "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Blue ZX3 View Post
        What your seeing is not the old RR.exe but the newer RoadRunner.exe which is there only to keep backwards compatibilty.
        It doesn't seem to be. If I launch the RoadRunner.exe in the new install location, it gives me the new skin. The one that was launching simultaneously with clicking the RideRunner shortcut on the desktop had the brushed metal skin (before I copied that to the new RideRunner skin directory) and had the problem I was seeing with it talking to winamp. And renaming the old RoadRunner directory stopped this from happening.

        Originally posted by =Blue ZX3 View Post
        "When changing the skin" How are you doing this..ie config/in the skin? If from within the skin, do you have the autoskin change opt set, as this would do what your describing.
        I ran rrconfig.exe in the RideRunner directory and told it to use BMV2 for both day and night. Then I saved and exited. Then ran RideRunner to find it still gave me the default skin. However if I choose 'save and re-run RR' choice in RRConfig, I get RideRunner launching with a different splash screen (old non-full screen) and the BMV2 skin.

        Originally posted by =Blue ZX3 View Post
        Yes, that would be correct. You dbl click on a folder in the list is just like vanilia windz, opens to that folder.
        I didn't explain myself well. Say I have this set of folders:
        a
        b
        c <-- currently selected
        And I double click a or b, instead of opening the folder I double clicked on, it was always opening c. I haven't yet played around to see if that bug is consistent. I ended up using the keyboard to change which folder was selected to get what I was trying to get playing, playing and haven't tried anything else since.
        Progress: 80% - Permanent install left.
        Motion LS800 Tablet PC and dock.
        Vista, Bu-535 GPS, RoadRunner, MPT2006.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Arathranar View Post
          I didn't explain myself well. Say I have this set of folders:
          a
          b
          c <-- currently selected
          And I double click a or b, instead of opening the folder I double clicked on, it was always opening c. I haven't yet played around to see if that bug is consistent. I ended up using the keyboard to change which folder was selected to get what I was trying to get playing, playing and haven't tried anything else since.
          It's not consistent but it's not hard to trigger and when it's happening the music folders are impossible to navigate since what you're clicking on is not what's being activated. I think the repro is accidentally triggering a slight drag (I'm using a pen since this is a Tablet PC and that's far too easy to do) as you do the double click. At which point the bug starts manifesting.

          I'm also seeing that even when the above bug isn't reproing, I can't just double click an unselected folder and it will open. I have to double click once to select it, then I can double click it again to navigate into it. So 4 clicks. I have explorer configured to navigate on single clicks and this feels horribly unwieldy to me .

          Love the new panning in the list though! It's too easy to accidentally trigger it when clicking (single and especially double) with a Tablet pen. And if I trigger a Tablet 'flick' action, nothing happens. Is the default skin a flash based one to get the smooth animations?
          Progress: 80% - Permanent install left.
          Motion LS800 Tablet PC and dock.
          Vista, Bu-535 GPS, RoadRunner, MPT2006.

          Comment


          • #6
            I think this is a VB6 issue.. I know what you're talking about.. the problem is that VB6 sends out the DBLClick event, but that event sends no X,Y position so the software assumes the last position (currently selected) was double clicked -- but I do believe this depends on where you double click, cause if you do double click over the line it should select it BEFORE firing the double click event -- we may be able to improve on this by reading the X,Y position of the double click ourselves and using that to verify which item was double clicked.

            The animation is done in DirectX, there's no flash involved -- you can mod the list of any skin to do that.
            Ride Runner RR's Myspace

            "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
            "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

            Comment


            • #7
              how about your shortcut on the desktop is pointing the the wrong .exe

              also..both RideRunner and old RoadRunner cannot play together 100% on same computer, due to COM interfaces... specially running RRConfig, in the OLD RoadRunner dir, would regregister OLD interfaces (ie. winamp.dll) and that is not what RideRunner Expects

              done blame us.. blame Microsoft on that...

              thats ONE reason .net is far superior, there is no .dll hell with anything coded in .net
              one can have multiple versions of the same .dll coexisting with out issues
              but i digress...
              -Thanks
              Mitch
              www.rush2112.net

              "Did you test it in carwings??"

              Sun, Come shine my way
              May healing waters bury all my pain
              Wind, Carry me home
              The fabric of reality is tearing apart
              The piece of me that died
              Will return To live again

              Comment


              • #8
                The only shortcuts on the desktop are the ones that got added by the RideRunner install. Since installing RideRunner I haven't run rrconfig for the old RoadRunner. I've renamed the directory that RoadRunner was installed in so there's no way it could be taking over anything at this point.

                Ok, here's what the difference is. If I run riderunner.exe as administrator, I get the a windows spalsh screen and the new skin I specified. If I run it as non-administrator, I get the default RideRunner skin & the new full screen splash screen.
                Progress: 80% - Permanent install left.
                Motion LS800 Tablet PC and dock.
                Vista, Bu-535 GPS, RoadRunner, MPT2006.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by guino View Post
                  I think this is a VB6 issue.. I know what you're talking about.. the problem is that VB6 sends out the DBLClick event, but that event sends no X,Y position so the software assumes the last position (currently selected) was double clicked -- but I do believe this depends on where you double click, cause if you do double click over the line it should select it BEFORE firing the double click event -- we may be able to improve on this by reading the X,Y position of the double click ourselves and using that to verify which item was double clicked.
                  It doesn't repro in the brushed metal skin.

                  Originally posted by guino View Post
                  The animation is done in DirectX, there's no flash involved -- you can mod the list of any skin to do that.
                  Excellent!

                  Maybe DirectX is involved in the double click bug?
                  Progress: 80% - Permanent install left.
                  Motion LS800 Tablet PC and dock.
                  Vista, Bu-535 GPS, RoadRunner, MPT2006.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by guino View Post
                    On WMP, no extensive testing has been done for hibernation/suspend with that player. This is the first I hear about an issue on it, but unless you're playing stuff off the network, I would assume it should resume normally.
                    I suspect that's just the default wmplayer.exe behavior on sleep/resume. winamp keeps playing, I bet wmplayer doesn't.
                    Progress: 80% - Permanent install left.
                    Motion LS800 Tablet PC and dock.
                    Vista, Bu-535 GPS, RoadRunner, MPT2006.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Blue ZX3 View Post
                      Yes, that would be correct. You dbl click on a folder in the list is just like vanilia windz, opens to that folder.
                      Does the RoadRunner option to allow single click interaction with lists still exist? I don't see it in the rr.ini file.
                      Progress: 80% - Permanent install left.
                      Motion LS800 Tablet PC and dock.
                      Vista, Bu-535 GPS, RoadRunner, MPT2006.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Yes, you don't see it in the new one b/c its probably not set. if its ON then you get the setting = true if not is not listed b/c the default is OFF.
                        RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

                        Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
                        Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

                        DFX 5.1.1 Skin
                        Appstore Link

                        My RideRunner Plugins
                        RRMedia
                        RRExtended
                        DFXVoice

                        "There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Trouble is, I can't remember what the setting name was! Looks like I lost my previous skin / RR config file when the car PC it was on died. I did find one promising setting in the ini file - 'singleclickaudio' which was set to false. But setting it to true didn't help.
                          Progress: 80% - Permanent install left.
                          Motion LS800 Tablet PC and dock.
                          Vista, Bu-535 GPS, RoadRunner, MPT2006.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Ah, I see. I was misremembering. The existing single click support is limited just to the currently playing list. I'd extended it in my copy of RoadRunner to apply to all lists.
                            Progress: 80% - Permanent install left.
                            Motion LS800 Tablet PC and dock.
                            Vista, Bu-535 GPS, RoadRunner, MPT2006.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              if you're running RideRunner on, WIN7 or Vista, unless you're profile mode , you MUST run it as admin!!!!
                              unless of course you have UAC OFF

                              this is been mentioned MANY TIMES

                              mitch
                              -Thanks
                              Mitch
                              www.rush2112.net

                              "Did you test it in carwings??"

                              Sun, Come shine my way
                              May healing waters bury all my pain
                              Wind, Carry me home
                              The fabric of reality is tearing apart
                              The piece of me that died
                              Will return To live again

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X