music defaults to first song on open

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• music defaults to first song on open

so, like the title says, almost everytime i open rr, it will default to teh first song of ehat ever playlist i am using.

I know i need to use the RRresume plugin, but i cant seem to figute out how to get it to work.

i have downloaded and registered(at least i think i did) RRextended, but debug.txt says that it is not able to allow the plugin to be enabled.

Code:
     7/16/2009 9:47:40 PM: PLAYER: Winamp Version: 5.13
    7/16/2009 9:47:40 PM: DirectDraw Count: 1 - [] 
    7/16/2009 9:47:40 PM: No Phidgets interface detected.
    7/16/2009 9:47:40 PM: Plugin Manager: loading Global Plugins...
    7/16/2009 9:47:40 PM: Plugin Manager: Plugin Found: RRExtended
    7/16/2009 9:47:40 PM: Plugin Manager: Warning Plugin RRExtended does not support Enabled Method
    7/16/2009 9:47:40 PM: Plugin Manager: Plugin loaded (Global): RRExtended
    7/16/2009 9:47:40 PM: Plugin Manager: Plugin Found: SkinTool
    7/16/2009 9:47:40 PM: Plugin Manager: Warning Plugin SkinTool does not support Enabled Method
    7/16/2009 9:47:40 PM: Plugin Manager: Plugin loaded (Global): SkinTool
    7/16/2009 9:47:40 PM: Plugin Manager: loading Global Plugins Completed.
    7/16/2009 9:47:40 PM: LoadSkin: C:\Program Files\Road Runner\Skins\DigitalFX 4.0\
    7/16/2009 9:47:40 PM: Plugin Manager: loading SkinDir Plugins...
    7/16/2009 9:47:40 PM: Plugin Manager: loading SkinDir Plugins Completed.
    7/16/2009 9:47:41 PM: Plugin Manager: Error loading (menu.skin): MOTIONLOCK (ActiveX component can't create object, check spelling of plugin, or its is COM registration missing.)
    7/16/2009 9:47:41 PM: Plugin Manager: Warning Plugin MOVIETIMES does not support Enabled Method
    7/16/2009 9:47:41 PM: Plugin Manager: Warning Plugin MOVIETIMES does not support Initialize Method
    7/16/2009 9:47:41 PM: Plugin Manager: Plugin loaded (menu.skin): MOVIETIMES
    7/16/2009 9:47:41 PM: Plugin Manager: Warning loading SKINTOOL (Attempt load more then once, most likely duped in globals and/or in skin).
    7/16/2009 9:47:42 PM: Plugin Manager: Warning Plugin RRMEDIADB does not support Enabled Method
    7/16/2009 9:47:42 PM: Plugin Manager: Warning Plugin RRMEDIADB does not support Initialize Method
    7/16/2009 9:47:42 PM: Plugin Manager: Plugin loaded (menu.skin): RRMEDIADB
    7/16/2009 9:47:43 PM: CheckResume: ResumeMusic=1 WasRadio=0
    7/16/2009 9:47:43 PM: Enter Exec: False, menu.skin, , False
    7/16/2009 9:47:43 PM: Que Exec: True, menu.skin,
    what am i doing wrong?
    My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
    "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
    carpc undecided

according to your scr cap there rrextended is reg'ed and loaded, but at a guess open rrconfig go to music /page2, resume mode bottom right set to always, or open rr.ini in notepad and go to music section and change the resumemusic=2,, start rr then close it then open gain and it should work for you.

this should on rr start resume the track you was last playing, without the useing rrextended,
    Riderunner / Genesis
    Plugin Breaker in test BassRR Plugin Player, Wifiman_NET
    New Home for Genesis & BassRR :adding to site ,, Hellfyre night
    Bassrr Beta Release :Version 1.3.7
    Movie_info Release :Version 3.1.0
    Wifiman_NET:Version 1.0.0

Every Future, Needs A Beginning

Comment

ok, bumping this thread again...

carputer1, your suggestion did work at the time, but then a month later i had to update, and it has not worked since the update. i figure i am nearing the time for another update, so i am searching for a solution that will work.

currently, my computer is set to do a full shutdown/startup(i have had issues hibernating with my audio processing program), and rr will always default to the first song in the playlist whenever i allow the computer to exit rr as it's shutting down.

i have setup RResumer, but it does not seem to do anything except when my computer BSOD's, then it will resume the correct song

my current workaround: if i first exit rr, and then shut down, it saves the last song position.

i have attached my rr config, and the rrdbug file.

what am i doing wrong?
      Attached Files

next project? subaru brz
      carpc undecided

Comment

i have no idea what ur trying to accomplish!!!

but this is bad

: Executing: RunQ;C:\Program Files\RideRunner\Skins\DigitalFX 4.0\scripts\Kill_Task.exe|winamp.exe
        11/4/2009 12:02:08 PM: Shell: "C:\Program Files\RideRunner\Skins\DigitalFX 4.0\scripts\Kill_Task.exe" winamp.exe
        11/4/2009 12:02:08 PM: Que Exec: True, exit_menu.skin, "QUIT", False

NO REASON TO KILL THE TASK!

killing it will affect RR from the ability to see what the last track was playing
        -Thanks
        Mitch
        www.rush2112.net

"Did you test it in carwings??"

Sun, Come shine my way
        May healing waters bury all my pain
        Wind, Carry me home
        The fabric of reality is tearing apart
        The piece of me that died
        Will return To live again

Comment

and you dont need RRresume

did u try carwings

dfx4 is a massive skin
          -Thanks
          Mitch
          www.rush2112.net

Sun, Come shine my way
          Wind, Carry me home

Comment

I would HIGHLY suggest to TRY carwings WITHOUT any resume plugin installed, just set resumemusic=2 and it should work, if not, post a debug log running carwings.

Once it works on carwings, it should work on any skin (unless the skin itself is messing with the playlist or player save/resume features)
            Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
            "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

ok thanks

next project? subaru brz
              carpc undecided

Comment

its that winamp task kill, remove that
                not even sure why it would be in ANY skin
                -Thanks
                Mitch
                www.rush2112.net

Sun, Come shine my way
                Wind, Carry me home

Comment

mitchjs, how would you remove that? I'm having what I think is the same problem with the dfx4.0 skin, RR (or winamp) does not remember which track I was last playing, so it always starts at the first track on the playlist. I don't want it to actually start playing the song when it opens, but I would like it to remember which track it was on.

I'm running RR with the dfx4.0 skin, winamp 5.13. I can post the debug.txt if wanted, but I expect the relevant lines are the ones regarding the kill_task.exe, which is the same in my debug file as for his.

The part that's really bugging me is I recently had to reinstall everything for a hard drive failure. And I don't recall this issue happening before, but as far as I can tell, none of the settings are different on this install

Comment

im not familiar enough with that skin, but its prob in the exectbl.ini file in the kin dir
                    -Thanks
                    Mitch
                    www.rush2112.net

Sun, Come shine my way
                    Wind, Carry me home

Comment

You refer to this line I assume?

"KillWinamp","RunQ;$skinpath$scripts\Kill_Task.exe |winamp.exe"

Is there a way to change that to make it run the proper command to end the program rather than killing it? It's not a huge issue, it's just bothering me because I don't remember this happening with the old install

Comment

Originally posted by HoffR1 View Post
                        You refer to this line I assume?

"KillWinamp","RunQ;$skinpath$scripts\Kill_Task.exe |winamp.exe"

Is there a way to change that to make it run the proper command to end the program rather than killing it? It's not a huge issue, it's just bothering me because I don't remember this happening with the old install
                        Just change it to:
                        "KillWinamp",""

Under "NORMAL" circumstances, there's no need to kill winamp.
                        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                        "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Thanks, that helped a lot. It only works now if I exit RR before I shut down the pc (shutting down without exiting still forgets the current track) but at least I have a way to preserve the track number

Comment

How are you shutting down ? power button ? shutdown option in RR ? I suggest you try different methods to see if it makes a difference.
                            Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Bump - Same Problem Here

I'm now having the same problem. I've been using RR with the DFX skin for years now and this has just started. Whenever I close RR and restart only the first song in the playlist that was loaded at the time of close will appear. I have verified that resume mode is set to always in RRConfig and that resumemusic=2 in rr.ini.

I have now done fresh installs of both RR and DFX on two computers and it's happening on both. I have verified that resume works fine with Carwings, but it now does not work with DFX. DFX has not changed in over a year so it must have something to do with the new RR version and how it interacts with DFX. Any thoughts?

I'll post this in the DFX thread as well.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
                              X