Possibly a fix for Ipod touch Users?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possibly a fix for Ipod touch Users?

Has anyone looked into TouchCopy? I just found it searching around and it seems to be perfect for what we would need. Plug your ipod in and within a few seconds its read and you can play songs on it no matter what computer its on. When you unplug the ipod the program automatically starts back into searching for it until Its plugged in again. If there is anyway we could have RR talk to this program to use as its player when they hit like a Ipod button in RR I think it would be awesome.

Is there something wrong with the iPod support in RR when working with the ipod touch ?
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

I had asked this before, the Ipod touch doesn't have a disc mode so RR won't read it. It just shows up as a camera device in windows anyway when you plug it in.

Comment

this is true i do belive this to be a fault if you are not running itunes or simalar in the background of rr

Comment

Isn't there a plugin for Winamp to make this work correctly?

Comment

Sounds like this may require some research then.. I didn't know there was no "disk mode" option for iPhone/iPodTouch .. that just makes me very angry...

If you can connect the iPhone/iPodTouch through the network or USB and map a drive for it, it may work with the existing implementation.. but that may be tricky.. here's something that may lead to a solution..
            http://www.iphoniacs.com/news/iphone...0711121949.htm
            Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
            "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

was there any update on this? i plugged my iphone into windows and it does not show up as a drive. i saw the two programs in the link guino posted but i dont think they map the phone as a usb drive. is there any workaround to get iphones or ipod touches working with RR?

Comment

Not really. It is possible to make a plugin to browse and play the iphone/ipod touch from the carpc. This will DEFINITELY require iTunes to be installed and running and may even require using iTunes as the player (which would make sense since it would already have to be loaded for the plugin to work).
                Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

i am guessing the winamp plugin is of no use either, then?

Comment

iTunes is NOT required to pull this off....just need one of the ipod libraries that supports the ipod touch. Winamp for one, has a plugin that does exactly that.
                    openMobile - An open source C# Front End (why choose openMobile?)
                    - Always Recruiting Developers -
                    Like what you see? Donations are always welcome

Comment

Would you mind providing brief instructions?

Comment

a quick google search would have saved you alot of time

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/arch...ing_itunes.cfm

Comment

Thanks. I was just hesitant because other posts I've read from guino say that it interferes with rr functionality

Comment

Originally posted by hari-bhari View Post
                            Thanks. I was just hesitant because other posts I've read from guino say that it interferes with rr functionality
                            I have no idea how it effects rr...but if it does thats a bug in rr not the other way around.

Comment

Before the iPod Touch, all versions of the iPod could be used as a storage device and allowed the iPod files to be accessed directly. We added support in RR to connect to the iPod by directly reading those files.

Starting from the iPod touch, they no longer allow you to use the iPod/Iphone as a storage device or read its files directly (at least there's no easy option for it). There may be a library to allow that or a way to access the files or database of the device.

First I need to get (or at least borrow) an iPod Touch/iPhone then I should be able to do some testing.
                              Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Working...
                              X