Making Sirius work with RR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making Sirius work with RR

I'm starting to purchase some hardware and I figure I'd start with Sirius since I already have a subscription.
    All of the searching I have done has led me to believe that I need to get the Sirius SC-C1 tuner and Mitch's SC-C1 USB Interface to make this work, however all of these posts are old. Is this still what I need? Are there any other options to make this work?
    PROGRESS:
    Hardware: 100%
    Software: 99% - Always upgrading and improving.
    Installation: 100%

WORKLOG:
    2005 F-150

Originally posted by Tical84 View Post
    I'm starting to purchase some hardware and I figure I'd start with Sirius since I already have a subscription.
    All of the searching I have done has led me to believe that I need to get the Sirius SC-C1 tuner and Mitch's SC-C1 USB Interface to make this work, however all of these posts are old. Is this still what I need? Are there any other options to make this work?
    I have been using the SC-C1 & Mitch's unit for about a year. As far as I know this is the only solution. It works flawlessly, also you can buy the sc-c1 & just transfer your existing subscription.

Comment

That's what I thought, I was just hoping there was a solution that wasn't going to cost me $120. I'm grateful for Mitch's work but his piece of hardware costs more than the SC-C1 ($59.99CAD vs $60USD + shipping).
      PROGRESS:

WORKLOG:
      2005 F-150

Comment

That's what I thought, I was just hoping there was a solution that wasn't going to cost me $120. I'm grateful for Mitch's work but his piece of hardware costs more than the SC-C1 ($59.99CAD vs $60USD + shipping).

Yeah, I was in the same boat as you, but, if you want an integrated system it's going to cost you. I bought a refurbed sc-c1 off ebay for $30 shipped with a 1 year warranty.

Comment

Unfortunately even the previous option, the ALP-1 was over $100 with the Sirius turner. At least we have someone (Mitch) who makes the satellite interfaces. One option is certainly better than no option.

Comment

Agreed. I'm ordering today, I just thought I'd make sure that was still the most current option. I'd rather pay $120 for Sirius than pay however much for an HD radio receiver and use the crappy FM modulated Sirius box I have now.
            PROGRESS:

WORKLOG:
            2005 F-150

Comment

I don't know of anything else. Mitch hangs around here since he works on the code for RR. He'll probably pop in here before long.

Comment

Ok, then I'll throw this in here just incase.
                I was looking around his site and saw the SC-H1 and according to your post (Machinehead) from "Siruis, what tuner/product do I need?" As long as I have the antenna, which I do from my old tuner, I could just use this correct?
                PROGRESS:

WORKLOG:
                2005 F-150

Comment

sc-h1 is designed for HOME use...
                  5volt based
                  (has optical)

sc-c1 is designed for Automotive use...
                  12volt based

mitch
                  -Thanks
                  Mitch
                  www.rush2112.net

"Did you test it in carwings??"

Sun, Come shine my way
                  May healing waters bury all my pain
                  Wind, Carry me home
                  The fabric of reality is tearing apart
                  The piece of me that died
                  Will return To live again

Comment

Good stuff. Thanks Mitch, I'll place my order soon.
                    PROGRESS:

WORKLOG:
                    2005 F-150

Comment

Well I have all of my hardware but am running into a bit of an interesting problem. It's a homemade skin so that may have something to do with it.

I've created sirius.skin and I have it display the channels as it should and plays and everything's fine. That leaves me with a question and a problem however.
                      Q: Whenever I leave sirius.skin and go into audio_browser it automatically stops playing. Is there a way to keep it playing incase I just want to look at mp3s and not play them or change my mind, so I don't have to go back to sirius.skin?

P: When I do choose an mp3 while sirius is playing, for some reason it goes back to sirius.skin instead of audio_player, or even just staying on audio_browser like it sometimes does and it plays Sirius again, not the mp3. I was able to kind of get around this by adding "ONFILECLICK", "SELECT||PLAY",audio_browser.skin (I think, I'm at work now)into the ExecTBL.ini because select alone doesn't work but I still get a clip of sirius before it plays the mp3. When I try to play a CD it manages to play the CD AND Sirius. What's happening?

Aditional info: I have an audio_browser2 with a playlist for CDs and audio_browser with a directory list for mp3s. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it now that Sirius is added but it was working beautifully before and I prefer that method so I can see folders of mp3s, instead of one big list.
                      PROGRESS:

WORKLOG:
                      2005 F-150

Comment

there are certain "specific" screens in RR which automatically switch the audio source in the software -- one of them is the audio_browser.skin. If you rename the screen to something else and use the SD definition to tell it where to browse from, it should allow you browse the songs until you decide to load/play them -- you may need to use commands to change the active source manually to switch between Sat radio to MP3 playback at the desired times.

Please note that "SELECT" returns to the PREVIOUS screen and not to "audio_player.skin" you can adjust that by using "!SELECT||LOAD;whatever.skin" instead.
                        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                        "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Working...
                        X