Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speed controlled volume

Hi,

I've had a search but turned up nothing. I was wondering if there was a way of dynamically adjusting volume in RR with speed, like my old head unit did? Maybe using GPS to get speed information?

Thanks

There is a gps speed controlled volume in the RR config.
    CAR: 2007 G35 Sport Coupe 5AT
    HARDWARE: Dell D630 w/ dock, internal 80G HD, internal 320G HD, Verizon Wireless Card, iBlue GM-2 GPS w/iGuidance, OBDPros w/DashCommand, Visteon HD Radio w/ Home Made Cable, Current Version of RR w/ DFX Skin. My Install.

Comment

And along with that advice....do NOT use the third opt(user gain), is one opt that basically doesn't work. I use it everyday, the Linear Mode. You just need to keep playing with the numbers till you get it how ya want..
      RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
      Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
      Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
      RRMedia
      RRExtended
      DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

Thanks guys, I don't know how I managed to miss that!

Shame you say that the third option doesn't work as I would of thought that would be the most versatile option?

Comment

I 1000% agree....and Y I found a working work around.

GPS Speed Att + Girder + MouseWheel plugin = User Gain...

Though...now thinking about it, I just had an idea that might make it feasible to make that opt work...

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
          Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
          RRMedia
          RRExtended
          DFXVoice

Comment

My work around was to change the bottom number on the fly, i.e., Vol at speed zero. For me manipulating that number allowed me to adjust/compress the linear rate for almost any condition.
            HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

What I did to fix the problem of too much noise at higher speeds was change "MY MUFFLER". I suggest the same to you. If you need to play your music at higher speeds because your car is noisy figure out a way to tone down your car.
              Seriously, I live on a pretty busy street here in West Allis, all though it is pretty cool to see all the hot rodders come out at night. It really sucks when I have to see the wanna be's in there 91 honda civic hatchbacks with missing bumpers incomplete paint jobs but still have that bumpin stereos and a loud *** exhaust tips to make there cars seem fast.
              Maybe this doesnt pertain to you but maybe the next reader will get a clue. Fix your car then your stereo.
              New Age Garmin - Skin for RR
              New Age Slider - RR SKin In Progress
              "It's called CODE because I don't want you to know"

Comment

Neither my car or my stereo is broken.... but is nice to have the vol change with spd...

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
                Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
                RRMedia
                RRExtended
                DFXVoice

Comment

Originally posted by Blue ZX3 View Post
                  Neither my car or my stereo is broken.... but is nice to have the vol change with spd...
                  Mine either, but there's a world of difference in ambient noise when I go from a closed cockpit w/AC to open air convertible - regardless of how loud my stereo or mufflers are.
                  HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

Can't forget bout em HORN'S either...HAHA

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
                    Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
                    RRMedia
                    RRExtended
                    DFXVoice

Comment

Originally posted by GizmoQ View Post
                      Mine either, but there's a world of difference in ambient noise when I go from a closed cockpit w/AC to open air convertible - regardless of how loud my stereo or mufflers are.
                      Your cars also generally have enough power to justify being loud
                      "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
                      RevFE
                      My Shop

Comment

Originally posted by malcom2073 View Post
                        Your cars also generally have enough power to justify being loud
                        100 dB mufflers, 130 dB soundsystem, 145 dB horns. I'm surprised I can hear myself think! Maybe next month when I turn 50, I'll change my evil ways.

NOT!

Comment

I don't know about over there (where the cars are like sofas on wheels!), but in Europe dynamic volume control is a feature in most OEM and aftermarket HUs. Probably because the cars are engineered to give a bit more back to the driver, including a bit of engine noise, and we tend to drive a bit faster!! (also, many of our roads have a rubbish surface that creates more tyre noise)

My car's as it rolled off the line and it's still a function that I find very useful.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue ZX3 View Post
                            I 1000% agree....and Y I found a working work around.

GPS Speed Att + Girder + MouseWheel plugin = User Gain...

Though...now thinking about it, I just had an idea that might make it feasible to make that opt work...
                            Any chance of some more info on that?

Comment

I have the GPS vol set to linear, starts at 50% when 0 Mph, 100% when 55 mph, RR vol mapped to master. Using the mouse plugin in girder, and using the mouse wheel to control the wav vol. Mouse is moded to a Powermate shell, giving me a nice large Vol knob to turn. Vol just has to be a physical knob, screen buttons just don't do it!

Been doing it this way for 3+ years now and gets me exactly what I want.

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
                              Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
                              RRMedia
                              RRExtended
                              DFXVoice

Comment

Working...