ID3 Tagging

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ID3 Tagging

Ok not a RR guy so help me figure this out....trying to benchmark RR's ID3 tagging speed for the benchmark thread but can't seem to get it to work. Using wmp, music folder configured correctly, but when I click Build Music Index I get nothing...no indication of any kind...no indexing...no error message.

Tips?
    openMobile - An open source C# Front End (why choose openMobile?)
    - Always Recruiting Developers -
    Like what you see? Donations are always welcome

RR only reads tags for display in the playlist. It does NOT build a Database/Index of files or tags.

There's a plugin by BlueZX3 that uses a SQL database, but it's not a built-in feature.

The only "database" (alike) support built-in RR for browsing Artist/Genre/Album is based on Winamp's Library -- which you'd have to build outside RR (in Winamp's settings), that is, IF you want to use this feature -- and in this case RR won't read the tags at all, but will just load them up from the Winamp Library. The Winamp Library can be scanned manually (at request), at the start of winamp or at specified periods (all of which can be done in the background while winamp/RR run).
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

I think the winamp database is what i had seen before....thanks for clearing that up
      openMobile - An open source C# Front End (why choose openMobile?)
      - Always Recruiting Developers -
      Like what you see? Donations are always welcome

Comment

Working...
      X