Transparency issue in iLists latest build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transparency issue in iLists latest build

Hi all, I had my system working perfectly & flawlessly until I updated to the latest version (10-05-09). Now the selection bars in every iList have lost their transparency and, instead, a pink (RGB FF00FF) bar appears as their background color.

I have tested it in two machines and the same happens. I downgraded to the previous release to test it and it works fine. The problem is that I can't keep the outdated version because of the reminder nag we all know about, that forces me to update and therefore gives me headaches for all the things that dont work anymore and the ones I have to check that work OK before transferring the system to the carPC..

Examples of iLists, all failing to show transparent sel bars:
    IL,PL,RGBff00ff,RGBff00ff
    S,22,105,463,304,148,148,148,32,32,32,255,255,255, 255,0,255,255,255,255,TRUE,18,"Tahoma"

S,392,54,400,293,255,255,255,32,32,32,236,208,100, 149,149,149,255,0,255,255,255,255,,18,"Tahoma"
    IL,DL,RGBff00ff,RGBff00ff,************,2,70,50

Any ideas, see anything wrong here?

when i look at ur S definition i see

S,22,105,463,304,148,148,148,32,32,32,255,255,255, 255,0,255,255,255,255,TRUE,18,"Tahoma"

255, 0, 255 for selection color, isnt that PINK
    -Thanks
    Mitch
    www.rush2112.net

"Did you test it in carwings??"

Sun, Come shine my way
    May healing waters bury all my pain
    Wind, Carry me home
    The fabric of reality is tearing apart
    The piece of me that died
    Will return To live again

Comment

Yes indeed, but that pink (FF00FF) is supposed to be transparent. Anyways, I think that the IL PAR2 definition overrides the selection color in the S definition. Is that right?

Comment

maybe...

but i dont see that written in the skin commands.txt
        infact i cant exactly tell you what par1 and par2 does when its in text mode

but i think when both are RGBFF00FF, that still uses the color settings in the S definition

it works, i change ur S def, where the pink is, to another color, it sets the color of the selection bar

S,140,81,430,446, 148,148,148, 32,32,32, 255,255,255, 0,128,128, 255,255,255,TRUE,18,"Tahoma"
        IL,PL,RGBFF00ff,RGBFF00ff

got me

im not a skin expert for sure
        Attached Files
        -Thanks
        Mitch
        www.rush2112.net

Sun, Come shine my way
        Wind, Carry me home

Comment

at the top of skin commands.txt you find:
          -trs is TRUE/FALSE to set if the list should display a selection bar (when trs=true).

your definition:
          S,22,105,463,304,148,148,148,32,32,32,255,255,255, 255,0,255,255,255,255, TRUE ,18,"Tahoma"

tells it to display a selection bar -- if you don't want one, setting it to false should do it.

The other definition (without the TRUE) likely defaults to TRUE (as you omitted the value)

Let me know if that doesn't work -- we can always fix things (Plus, there are very FEW people using text mode ilists).
          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
          "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

mitchjs, thank you for your answer. Yes, if I change it to another color it displays well. But anyways I can't accomplish transparency.
            Here I attach pics of the same ilist using the latest RR version and using the previous one. There's just something changed in the new version that disabled this feature.

Guino, I followed your suggestion and changing the trs had no effect at all. Thanks anyway. Actually I am very surprised that I be the only user using transparent selection bars!

S,22,105,463,304,148,148,148,32,32,32,255,255,255, 255,0,255,255,255,255,FALSE,18,"Tahoma"
            Attached Files

Comment

your the ONLY one using it in TEXT MODE
              -Thanks
              Mitch
              www.rush2112.net

Sun, Come shine my way
              Wind, Carry me home

Comment

Well, very FEW use text mode... TEXT MODE+TRANSPARENT SELBAR = probably only you... try this instead just to see..

S,22,105,463,304,148,148,148,32,32,32,255,255,255, 8,0,8,255,255,255,FALSE,18,"Tahoma"
                Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Thank you, somehow that mysteriously worked

BTW, what's against text mode? Isn't it supposed to be faster? And simpler? Don't say that my iList doesn't look nice...!

Comment

absolutly NOTHING against text mode
                    yes.. your list looks nice
                    thats how the bug went unnoticed for awhile, till you found it
                    we tested ilists, but not in text mode with transparancy
                    -Thanks
                    Mitch
                    www.rush2112.net

Sun, Come shine my way
                    Wind, Carry me home

Comment

Originally posted by aleshu View Post
                      Thank you, somehow that mysteriously worked

BTW, what's against text mode? Isn't it supposed to be faster? And simpler? Don't say that my iList doesn't look nice...!
                      I've already fixed the issue for next release (and what you have now will also work). Like Mitch said, we test text mode ilists, and even improve the code for it every now and then -- it's just not used as much since most people like the bitmap based lists. Performance wise, there's not a lot of difference.
                      Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Working...
                      X