RR on Windows 7

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR on Windows 7

I just installed windows 7 and having a hard time having RR start on windows startup. I have already put the application under the startup folder but and it does show up under msconfig startup. Can anyone help me out with this? or any suggestion/solutions. This happens with xport as well. Any input will be greatly appreciated.

I am puttng windows 7 on a differnt partition tomorrow, just incase it dont work, lol im keepin my eye on this post..lol
    Did it.. Done it... now I got to keep the neighbors kids away!!

Comment

Me too

I am curious aswell to hear about anyones success/failures. I am assuming that since RR didn't play so nicely with Vista there will be issues with windows 7. I have been impressed at the performace increase i saw in an older pc that was destined for junk. With Windows 7 i now use that as my primary workstation. Thats what gor me thinking about using it for the carpc
      -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

Originally posted by antimatter View Post
        I am curious aswell to hear about anyones success/failures. I am assuming that since RR didn't play so nicely with Vista there will be issues with windows 7. I have been impressed at the performace increase i saw in an older pc that was destined for junk. With Windows 7 i now use that as my primary workstation. Thats what gor me thinking about using it for the carpc
        RR has been fully aware and compliant with Vista/Win7 for awhile now. Even profile mode (Vista/Win7 recommended operation) has been added by mitch.

The question in this thread in regards to putting things on startup only has to do with new security policies implemented in the operating system that are meant to prevent viruses from installing shortcuts on startup and so on. I am pretty sure there's a Group Policy or Registry setting to allow the startup shortcuts to execute and/or some alternative ways to make it work -- for instance: go into control panel and make a SCHEDULED TASK to be launched when windows starts.
        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
        "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

I didnt have issues with Vista for RR it was only some addons like the Elcosmenu it would randomly hide itself in background.lol, I beleive that was my only issue.. oh and RRVoicecontrol I couldnt get that working with Vista's VR. have'nt installed 7 yet.. feeling lazy..
          Did it.. Done it... now I got to keep the neighbors kids away!!

Comment

I've been working on boot times but haven't bothered starting RR on startup yet. I'll try tonight and report back.
            PROGRESS:
            Hardware: 100%
            Software: 99% - Always upgrading and improving.
            Installation: 100%

WORKLOG:
            2005 F-150

Comment

Seeing that vista & win 7 are pretty much the same.... I pretty much assume that RRVoiceControl isn't gonna work as it uses the sapi 5 which vista/win 7 can't/won't support.
              RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
              Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
              Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
              RRMedia
              RRExtended
              DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

ive been running win7 for months now. rr works fine... even with it starting up at startup. rrvoicecontrol i havent tried, but i thought there was a fix to make it work in vista's/win7's audio stack...

Comment

Originally posted by Blue ZX3 View Post
                  Seeing that vista & win 7 are pretty much the same.... I pretty much assume that RRVoiceControl isn't gonna work as it uses the sapi 5 which vista/win 7 can't/won't support.
                  Eh...other way around.

XP uses 5.1...Vista/7 uses 5.3.

The API is pretty much the same, RRVoice would just need to be built against 5.3. So if that hasn't happened its RRVoice that wont support vista
                  openMobile - An open source C# Front End (why choose openMobile?)
                  - Always Recruiting Developers -
                  Like what you see? Donations are always welcome

Comment

I don't really think that he is gonna be doing that as he is still running Win2k... I could be wrong but IMHO is how I see it...
                    RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
                    Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
                    Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
                    RRMedia
                    RRExtended
                    DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

Uac

I found what the issue was. The UAC needs to be changed to in order for RR to be able to startup. I believe the issue has to do with the application being digital signed by Microsoft or not. It is a security measure as Guino mentioned. Solution, simply go to control panel, turn of UAC and RR will startup with no problem.

Comment

all the lastest RR, will run with UAC on, it will prompt for elevation when run
                        or u can do a runas....
                        -Thanks
                        Mitch
                        www.rush2112.net

"Did you test it in carwings??"

Sun, Come shine my way
                        May healing waters bury all my pain
                        Wind, Carry me home
                        The fabric of reality is tearing apart
                        The piece of me that died
                        Will return To live again

Comment

anyone try hibernate/resume with win 7? any issues?
                          Chris Krug
                          owner, turbine minivan
                          http://www.youtube.com/krugtech

Comment

I did, no issues so far. Video resumes playing, music too, no need to touch the touchscreen like crazy to make it work, but mind you, most of the times my system resumes to the desktop, since I'm still tinkering with it. So yes, it passes those tests in the garage, but that's not REAL life use, of course.

The real test lies in 100x times hibernating - sleep routine. I know people think windows are not supposed to like this, but my HP XP SP3 notebook in the kitchen has not been restarted since about July, and it's solid as rock.

In the car, I haven't been nearly as lucky, not even close. Last time I got a week error free without the magical restarting, I moved my M35 thread (the monster mATX ex-HTPC linked below) from "worklog" to the "completed" thread. I haven't been there with the FX yet. It's those pesky mITX boards, I think.
                            Worklogs: 08 Sequoia Platinum Carputer (In Progress!)
                            Skin: MetroSex on the Beach preview

07 Infiniti Fx35 (done!) & 06 Infiniti M35 (gone...)

Comment

Originally posted by RipplingHurst View Post

The real test lies in 100x times hibernating - sleep routine. I know people think windows are not supposed to like this, but my HP XP SP3 notebook in the kitchen has not been restarted since about July, and it's solid as rock.

In the car, I haven't been nearly as lucky, not even close. Last time I got a week error free without the magical restarting, I moved my M35 thread (the monster mATX ex-HTPC linked below) from "worklog" to the "completed" thread. I haven't been there with the FX yet. It's those pesky mITX boards, I think.
                              Hey RipplingHurst..

I'm curious what it is you're talking about here. My truckputer has recently begun refusing to hibernate. I get the "insufficient resources to complete the API" message. Is this what you're referring to as "magical restarting?" All the searching I do just points to a patch for XP SP2, but I have SP3 and this isn't supposed to be an issue.

Thanks...
                              Mark
                              --------------------------------
                              Project completed! (almost)

My Truck as featured in Custom Classic Trucks magazine.

Comment

Working...
                              X