Running RR as a Shell.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running RR as a Shell.

I would like to boot directly in RR when the PC is started, but if I press the "EXIT" button on Carwings Dynamic Lite Skin, it will go in the normal Windows XP Shell. I found with "search" may topics about running RR as shell, but they are very old. Is this feature embedded in the last RR release ? If yes, is the "Hide Desktop" feature in RR Config ? If not how I can realize my dream ?

Thanks.
    --------------------------------------------
    It's a Jeep thing...you wouldn't understand !--------------------------------------------

There's no option for this in RR. You have to change it manually in the registry.

Comment

Or you can used El Camino's AI plugin shell.exe to switch between RR or explorer.exe as a shell.

Drop .exe into $rrpath$\Plugins\ElcoShell\

Create buttons in the skin you are using and use the following commands:

Code:
      "RUN;$rrpath$\Plugins\ElcoShell\Shell.exe|RR"    - RR as the systems shell
      "RUN;$rrpath$\Plugins\ElcoShell\Shell.exe|windows"    - explorer as the systems shell.

Attached Files
      Pico-ITX / XP Home with EWF-HORM / RR v12/02/2009 / Winamp v5.13 / RRMedia v1.2.2

Comment

Originally posted by Sal R. View Post
        Or you can used El Camino's shell.exe to switch between RR or explorer.exe as a shell.
        Thanks... any user manual about it ?
        It's a Jeep thing...you wouldn't understand !--------------------------------------------

Comment

Updated post w/ instructions and an updated shell.zip that works with RideRunner. Previous shell.zip was for RoadRunner
          Pico-ITX / XP Home with EWF-HORM / RR v12/02/2009 / Winamp v5.13 / RRMedia v1.2.2

Comment

Thank you...i will try !

Comment

tested and works great. The only problem is, due to I use Xport, if I run RR as shell, xport will not start.

Comment

Originally posted by CherokeeChief View Post
                tested and works great. The only problem is, due to I use Xport, if I run RR as shell, xport will not start.
                You'll have to start xport "ONSKINSTART" or the rr.ini setting startcommand=XPORT using the custom commands defined in ExecTbl (skin or rrpath).

i.e.
                ExecTbl.ini
                "ONSKINSTART","RUN;<path to xport>\xport.exe"
                "XPORT","RUN;<path to xport>\xport.exe"

Comment

Just curious, what's the point of running rr as a shell if you are still wanting to run a different shell? System resources?
                  Former author of LinuxICE, nghost, nobdy.
                  Current author of Automotive Message Broker (AMB).
                  Works on Tizen IVI. Does not represent anyone or anything but himself.

Comment

he would'nt need Shell if he met Lynn..lol

OPPS Im a MS boy.. thats was an no, no..lol
                    Did it.. Done it... now I got to keep the neighbors kids away!!

Comment

Have an open mind here people!

It may actually be Bruce that he wants to meet
                      Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

"SHUTCONTROL","RUN;C:\program files\shutcontrol\shutcontrol.exe"
                        "ONSKINSTART","RUN;C:\program files\shutcontrol\shutcontrol.exe"

don't autostart what am I missing?

* I got it got to addit to rr.ini then Extbl..lol, now it's above RR when it launched how do i keep it in background..
                        Did it.. Done it... now I got to keep the neighbors kids away!!

Comment

Originally posted by jessekilner View Post
                          * I got it got to addit to rr.ini then Extbl..lol, now it's above RR when it launched how do i keep it in background..
                          You can try RUNQ instead of RUN, but it may or may not work depending on the application.
                          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                          "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Originally posted by guino View Post
                            You can try RUNQ instead of RUN, but it may or may not work depending on the application.
                            If the above doesn't work, you might have to use AutoIt to run your application w/ the @SW_HIDE or @SW_MINIMIZE parameter to keep the app hidden.

Another thing you can do is add this command to ONSKINSTART:

SETTOPMOST;Ride Runner;True

...to make rr "always on top"

Comment

Working...
                            X