No announcement yet.

Summarize FB Gauges in RR

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summarize FB Gauges in RR

Let me just see if I understand correctly how this works.

First, I should say that what I want to do is make a set of custom gauges that live with the main menu buttons (I.E. not on a special "gauges" embedded screen). This is pretty much what Batman did last year. I could track his learning progress here but there were not a lot of details posted. So I'm running Ride Runner currently with the Simplistique skin (but anticipate modifying it a bit to fit my gauges) and I intend to buy the Fusion Brain (FB).

Is it just a matter of using the RRFusion plugin and then the FB outputs just appear in RR as variables? Then I can use those variables as input to Flash scripts like these?

Sorry if this is too basic but I just want to understand the fundamentals. I'm totally new to RR, FB, Flash, and even Windows (I'm a programmer by profession, just not in these areas).

almost no reason to burn gasoline anymore

You seem to have the right idea.. from flash you'd be executing the command fscommand("GETLABEL;ANALOG0RAW") and you'll have the flash variable ANALOG0RAW set in flash for you to use however you want..
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."