winamp issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• winamp issue

ok I am in need of some minor help here I am having an issue with rr and winamp If i open and close winamp normally it reloads the playlist. If I open RR and start playing songs then exit it deletes the winamp.m3u file in the winamp folder and when I reopen RR it starts with a blank playlist. any ideas

on aside note will onsuspend and onresume work with standby or are thy hibernate only?

thanks,
    yonu

onsuspend/onresume work with standby and hibernate.

There's nothing in RR to delete the winamp.m3u file, so it's either a plugin or another application doing it.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

ok thanks just have to figure it out then

Comment

question any idea what plugin could cause this I have nothing but the default plugins and digitalfx4 installed in the RR the odd thing is I have a duplicate copy of rr and the OS on a Virtual machine for configuring and working on skin changes easier and it doesn't do this with the winamp.m3u. Is there any way it could be HW related or am I grasping at straws the reason I say this is I decided to go from using hibernate to standby hince the onsuspend question and it is odd if use the onsuspend and onresume for phoco they work fine with hibernate but not with standby but they behave perfectly in the virtual environment.

sorry for the long winded post,
        yonu.

Comment

RR treats hibernate and standby exactly the same. However I can't say much for how Phoco handles it.

As for plugins, you can check your plugins folder and check your menu.skin file in the DFX skin (lines starting with X,) -- you can back them up then disable/remove them all to see, then if it works fine, add them back one by one to see which one is causing the problem (if any). Otherwise this maybe an outside application issue.
          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
          "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

ok will give that a shot

Comment

I just found the answer to my suspend issue for some reason it isn't running the onresume command any thoughts on that would be great

will work on the winamp thing tomorrow is to late to go out to the car lol

Comment

Originally posted by yonu View Post
                I just found the answer to my suspend issue for some reason it isn't running the onresume command any thoughts on that would be great

will work on the winamp thing tomorrow is to late to go out to the car lol
                Can you make a debug log of your standby which isn't executing onresume ?
                Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

I can still upload the log but everything seems to be working now for some reason on the winamp I had to remove the kill winamp line from the dx4 exectbl and the resume function is working just wish i knew why I didn't have to remove the kill winamp.exe line in the virtual machine.

Thanks for the help

Comment

ugh, how many times have i posted that kill winamp issue...
                    someone pull that out of dfx4

i know, dfx5 is coming...
                    -Thanks
                    Mitch
                    www.rush2112.net

"Did you test it in carwings??"

Sun, Come shine my way
                    May healing waters bury all my pain
                    Wind, Carry me home
                    The fabric of reality is tearing apart
                    The piece of me that died
                    Will return To live again

Comment

i searched and nothing came up guess i didn't use the right search terms

figures,
                      yonu

Comment

yea... thats ok... sometimes its hard to search, cause you dont know what to search for
                        -Thanks
                        Mitch
                        www.rush2112.net

"Did you test it in carwings??"

Sun, Come shine my way
                        May healing waters bury all my pain
                        Wind, Carry me home
                        The fabric of reality is tearing apart
                        The piece of me that died
                        Will return To live again

Comment

I think i am having the same issue. Ride Runner only played an album one time with winamp. Then i when i tried to change to a song in a different album nothing but a 1 no song title shows up in the song list. Im completely lost. Only way I can play music is to set windows media player as my player instead of winamp. What am I doing wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by MrCummings View Post
                            I think i am having the same issue. Ride Runner only played an album one time with winamp. Then i when i tried to change to a song in a different album nothing but a 1 no song title shows up in the song list. Im completely lost. Only way I can play music is to set windows media player as my player instead of winamp. What am I doing wrong?
                            You may want to check if winamp is still loaded after RR closes, and post a debug log for us to examine.
                            Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Im working out the bugs on my new install..

Im having something similar. I have it set to always resume, but when I reboot, my playlist is empty about 90% of the time.

I was looking for a command to "add directory to playlist" when I came across this thread

I have a car2PC adapter and this is in my EXECTBL.ini

"DS 001","LOADLIST;C:\Program Files\winamp\winamp.m3u;MUSIC"
                              "DS 002","LOADLIST;C:\Program Files\Road Runner\playlists\ALTROCK.m3u;Alternative Rock"
                              "DS 003","LOADLIST;C:\Program Files\Road Runner\playlists\CLSKROCK.m3u;Classic Rock"
                              "DS 004","LOADLIST;C:\Program Files\Road Runner\playlists\HARDROCK.m3u;Hard Rock"
                              "DS 005","LOADLIST;C:\Program Files\Road Runner\playlists\RAP.m3u;Rap"
                              "DS 006","LOADLIST;C:\Program Files\Road Runner\playlists\TECHNO.m3u;Techno"

Since by default DS 001 is the default I am assuming this was my issue (it was initially blank)

Not sure if you have a car2PC adapter, but maybe we can zero in on the cause, or eliminate it as the cause.
                              2011 Nissan Frontier SL
                              AMD X3 2.2 | M4-ATX | 16Gb SSD | 2GB DDR3-1333 | MSI GF615M-P33 MB
                              OBDPROS USB | BU-303 GPS l LILLIPUT TS | Car2PC adapter | XM Direct | USB Dual band N with custom mag-mount antenna.

Comment

Working...
                              X