X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Close SpeedFan on RR exit

I start Speedfan using the ONSKINSTART cmd in my execTBL.ini as follows:

"ONSKINSTART","RUNQ;C:\Programmi\SpeedFan\speedfan .exe"

It works great at RR startup, but I need to close it when I'll shut down RR to go in the Windows XP Desktop.

I have tried several commands on the "Exit" button in my skin, i.e.; "EXIT||CLOSEWINDOW;SpeedFan" but doesn't work.

I read also about ONSKINEND cmd, but I don't know the exact syntax and I ahave tried it in my execTBL.ini, but doesn't work.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
    --------------------------------------------
    It's a Jeep thing...you wouldn't understand !--------------------------------------------

Run RRConfig and look at the Embedded Aplication, make sure it is listed, if it is, it should terminate on RR exit.

Comment

You should use winspector spy or something similar to get the correct window title for speedfan, then the CLOSEWINDOW command should work. Just make sure that you use the command BEFORE the Exit command on your skin like this: "CLOSEWINDOW;SpeedFan||EXIT" -- remember to replace SpeedFan with the correct window title you got from Winspector spy.
      Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
      "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Originally posted by MGD View Post
        Run RRConfig and look at the Embedded Aplication, make sure it is listed, if it is, it should terminate on RR exit.
        I Think, if memory serves correctly, anything listed there are programs that RR will NOT terminate. Such as if you were using iGuidance for instance, and have a route planned. Having "iGuidance" in the applications list tells not to kill it.

This was implemented so you can change a background, font color ect, and issue the Reload RR command, and not have the program close, thus have to put your route and destination in all over again.
        Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

I think that is correct as well. Do you have the close apps on exit set in the config
          RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
          Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
          Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
          RRMedia
          RRExtended
          DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

Originally posted by guino View Post
            You should use winspector spy or something similar to get the correct window title for speedfan, then the CLOSEWINDOW command should work. Just make sure that you use the command BEFORE the Exit command on your skin like this: "CLOSEWINDOW;SpeedFan||EXIT" -- remember to replace SpeedFan with the correct window title you got from Winspector spy.

Perfect..it works ! Thanks.
            --------------------------------------------
            It's a Jeep thing...you wouldn't understand !--------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
            X