Setting Road Runner to Celcius

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting Road Runner to Celcius

I'm running RR and I was able to set the weather of my location Amsterdam. The temps are displayed in degrees Fahrenheit and I would prefer Celcius. I changed the settings to Worldwide instead of US but they are still shown in Fahrenheit.
    Am I doing something wrong? Hope someone can help me..

BTW: I use the DigitalFX 4.0 skin

Greetings, Floyd

How to RR to worldwide units

Hi all,

I live in Europe and I would like to see the temperature of the weather in Celsius instead of Fahrenheit. I changed the settings to Worldwide but that doesn't seem to change a thing.
    And maybe it is possible to set miles to kilometers? I'm sure the whole world would enjoy RR very much but miles and Fahrenheit don't mean anything to the most of us.

I use DigitalFX 4.0 as skin. Hope someone can help me.

Thanks, Floyd
    Netherlands EU

Comment

There's no need to make two threads about the same problem. In any case, open RR.INI and make sure you have this in there:

weatherunits=m

that should be all you need.
      Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
      "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Originally posted by guino View Post
        weatherunits=m
        that should be all you need.
        Sorry about the double post Guino, I intended to delete the first one but forgot.
        First of all: I love the program, great for a CarPC!

I edited rr.ini and put weatherunits=m in but it makes no difference. Still in Fahrenheit.

I have an English language XP version and don't know if it is UK, USA or Canada. But my regional settings are set to this country. So I automatically have our standard 24 hour clock (no 12 hour am/pm) and currency is in euro's. But I could not find anything about temperature settings F or C in XP.

Maybe there is another setting in XP I should change?

Comment

If you're using the latest RR, the only setting that matters for weather is that one above... (I even tested it before posting).. you may want to check that you only have ONE line with that setting in RR.INI (and even check your skin.ini to see if it overrides that setting -- just in case). If you're using an older RR version that is from before weather became a plugin, then the only setting that matters is isunits=true in RR.INI
          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
          "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

its a long time ago that i changed my rr.ini. only the riderunner.exe i always updated.
            so in my rr.ini is written

[Weather]
            cityweather=Hamburg,GERMANY
            weatherunits=WORLD
            weatherdegress=
            localdatacaptureinterval=0

and it works in celsius.

Comment

Yes, it works now. I set RR back to the orignal skin Carwings Lite and then it is in Celsius. I think the DigitalFX skin overrides the RR.ini settings. Maybe in some other .ini file, I will try to find out.
              Thanks for your help, I appreciate it very much!

Greetings, Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd2 View Post
                Yes, it works now. I set RR back to the orignal skin Carwings Lite and then it is in Celsius. I think the DigitalFX skin overrides the RR.ini settings. Maybe in some other .ini file, I will try to find out.
                Thanks for your help, I appreciate it very much!

Greetings, Floyd
                take a look inside the skin.ini of the digital fx skin.

here is an example how i set it for GERMANY and some citys.

WEATHERPRESET01=Hamburg
                WEATHERPRESET02=Frankfurt
                WEATHERPRESET03=Munich
                WEATHERPRESET04=Berlin
                WEATHERPRESET05=GPS Weather
                cityweather=Hamburg,GERMANY
                weatherunits=WORLD
                weatherdegress=

regards

Comment

Thank you GF-ler, that works! Vielen dank.
                  This is a bit off-topic but what do you think is the best GPS RR-plugin for Europe?
                  I have a PS2 GPS-mouse, can I use the standard PS2 mouse port for that?

BTW: I keep getting script errors with DigitalFX when using video so I am using Carwings again. That is a nice skin as well and works perfect. I will try to find out how I can add an extra app.

Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd2 View Post
                    Thank you GF-ler, that works! Vielen dank.
                    This is a bit off-topic but what do you think is the best GPS RR-plugin for Europe?
                    I have a PS2 GPS-mouse, can I use the standard PS2 mouse port for that?

BTW: I keep getting script errors with DigitalFX when using video so I am using Carwings again. That is a nice skin as well and works perfect. I will try to find out how I can add an extra app.

Floyd
                    1. PS2 mouse....first, you must split your GPS port with a splitter program. one of it you need for your navigation and one for riderunner. see the FAQ in this forum. if you know what port your gps mouse use, its no problem.

2.video, which videoplayer you use ? and think about to install the driver for all formats you want to see.
                    i use the riderunner mplayer, and only one format make problems.

my navigation install is iGO8, because iGuidance makes no updates for europe.

Comment

Originally posted by GF-ler View Post
                      my navigation install is iGO8, because iGuidance makes no updates for europe.
                      I will try iGO 8. Thanks for the information GF-ler.

Carwings is okay but I like the colors and layout of DigtalFX better. If I chose that skin in RRconfig and use the default ‘Media Player Classic’ then watching the video the taskbar disappears and I cannot get the controls back on the screen. (I only used WMV files) The same happens with ‘built in’ and Windows Media Player. When the controls are gone after a few seconds I cannot get them back on the screen.
                      And when I right click on Exit (running MPC) I get a Run-time error ‘9’ Subscript out of range. The system hangs and I have to turn the power off and back on to get it running again. This never happens with Carwings when it uses Media Player Classic.
                      Any idea what I’m doing wrong ??

Comment

i think thats a bug in DFX4 skin definition for the video player
                        i saw the fix...

someone post a fixed file set for DFX4 PLEASE!!!!
                        that skin brings us so much headache

maybe in the video_player.skin

C,0,95,800,385
                        A,0,0,800,385,

im not 100% sure... but its related
                        -Thanks
                        Mitch
                        www.rush2112.net

"Did you test it in carwings??"

Sun, Come shine my way
                        May healing waters bury all my pain
                        Wind, Carry me home
                        The fabric of reality is tearing apart
                        The piece of me that died
                        Will return To live again

Comment

my digital fx install runs without any fixes.

BUT it shows videos in fullscreenmode with the video_player graphic above it.

so i try the fixes of mitchjs and find out...they couldnt be correct.
                          if you use a 800x600 screen and the skin graphic is 800x243 you have a rest for the preview of 800x357.
                          that means the values for the A and C command could only be 800x357.

if you take a look to the values (fix) of the C command, you see it starts in Y position on pixel 95 for 385 in lower position. if you do this, you are inside the graphic of the video_player.
                          i think the values of the C command are from another skin which had an upper commandline.

so the right commands are
                          C,0,0,800,357
                          A,0,0,800,357

in my install i try the A and C command. if i use the C command too, i get problems with the lower part of the video_player skin.
                          for seeing the preview in correct solution i only use the A command as i written before.

Comment

Originally posted by GF-ler View Post
                            so the right commands are
                            C,0,0,800,357
                            A,0,0,800,357
                            This sounds complicated but I will have a go at it. I will try the above values first but I am not sure if it will work. My XP screen resolution is set to 800x600. In RRconfig I set it to automatically detect. But I have a T070Z touchscreen with a resoltution of 800x480 (widescreen). On the touchscreen the aspect ratio looks just perfect to me: no flattened or stretched image.

Maybe the values of the Y-axis have to be even lower. But from your replies I get the impression I should just find out myself by trial and error. Thank you both, I will let you know the outcome here. Bye, Floyd.

Comment

I tried several values for the parameters. The controls popped up this time, that was great!
                              But the video kept jumping up when the controls appeared, and jumped down when the controls disappeared again. And I could not get that fixed so I left the whole application line out.

This works best for me at 800 x 600 resolution:

C,0,230,800,385

Leaving the y at zero (C,0,0,800,385) does not work! In that case the control area will not become visible.

Still something weird: there is a small part of the video still visible under the bottons, about 15-20 pixels in height. And my XP taskbar also appears (and when I set it to Auto-hide only for a few seconds, then disappears). I adjusted the y and h value but that made no difference at all. The top of the control region appears at exactly the same possition no matter if you use 230, 300 or 200 for the y position.

But at least I can use the controls now and the system does not hang anymore, that is the most important.
                              Maybe I should use the A line after all to get rid of the XP taskbar. So the application layer covers the Windows screen and the XP toolbar. Is that correct?

There should be a small part of wallpaper below the bottons, now the buttons are at the bottom of the Clip windwo region. Not very neat and tidy... But I am happy for now.

Comment

Working...
                              X