another riderunner sound issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another riderunner sound issue

Ok, I broke off the end of a 3.5mm connection in my motherboards line input port. I managed to get it out but now the port doesn't work. So I am going to have to use a pci sound card (i guess there is no other way) to connect my hd radio to my board to get sound. I am using windows 7. I can not get ride runner and the elite lite skin to turn on sound via the pci sound card input port. I can go to my system sound setting and open that connection and i have sound. so i know the hd radio and sound card are working. However when I click the hd radio button on my skin i get no sound. So, I guess it is not enabling the right line input port. Does this make sense? If so, how can i find out the correct path to the pci sound card port. I think in rr config I can choose the port to use but I have no way of knowing what to use there. thanks for the help.

Easiest way would be to disable your onboard sound card. Otherwise you have to set the soundcard (mixer) you want RR to manage so it can mute/unmute and control the volume of the right lines. You could probably just use a CD/AUX input of the motherboard which is a plug directly on the board (not needing an extra card at all).
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

how do i make rr use two different sound cards. With windows xp i could disable the internal sound card but with windows 7 i am having issues. I chose the pci sound card as my default line to use for input but this didn't work. i am using the Intel BOXD510MO Intel Atom D510 Intel NM10 Mini ITX Motherboard

Comment

In RR you should look at the soundcard= setting (should also be in RRConfig). RR can only control ONE sound card at a time.
        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
        "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

you have to capture!!!! capture sound on sound card x, play to sound card y

use winamp line in plugin

id consider this advanced...
          -Thanks
          Mitch
          www.rush2112.net

"Did you test it in carwings??"

Sun, Come shine my way
          May healing waters bury all my pain
          Wind, Carry me home
          The fabric of reality is tearing apart
          The piece of me that died
          Will return To live again