Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embedding apps with command line options

Hi guys,

I was after some help on embedding applications with command line options. I cant seem to get it to work.

I own a Mitsubishi and have a data logging application called "Evoscan" (http://www.limitless.co.nz/) which connects via a USB cable to my factory ECU. This application comes with a feature which allows virtual gauges of the data being logged to be displayed.

I am trying to set up a menu button in RR so that when I hit the evoscan button on my main main menu, the evoscan application is launched, data logging is activated and the virtual gauges are displayed and embedded in my skin. Im able to do all of this with a single command line option of:
    Code:
    "C:\Program Files\EvoScan\EvoScan v2.6\EvoScan.exe" /AutoStartDataLogger /LoadGaugeLayout="FULL Dashboard.xml"
    The problem is that I cant seem to get it to embed in RR? The main data logging screen of Evoscan will embed no problems if I remove the extra command line options but Im really after being able to display the gauges.

Another thing that is making me scratch my head is that the main data logging screen and the virtual gauges both have the same Class name of - WindowsForms10.window.8.app.0.378734a The only differentiator between the two windows I can see is that the gauge windows has a blank window title?

If its not possible to embed an application using command line options, is it possible to embed the main logging window (Which I have successfully done) and then create two buttons in the skin which execute keyboard shortcuts? The reason I ask is that once the program has started I can press CRTL+SPACE to activate the data logging and CTRL+SHIFT+F2 to display the gauges. So I could load the main logging window into my skin, then press the buttons on the skin screen to start/stop logging and toggle the gauge display on and off?

Any help anybody is able to give will be greatly appreciated.

Regards
    Paul

You may need to tweak the code below a bit

Code:
    "LOAD;datalogger.skin;logging;C:\Program Files\EvoScan\EvoScan v2.6\EvoScan.exe|AutoStartDataLogger|LoadGaugeLayout=FULL Dashboard.xml;!WindowsForms10.window.8.app.0.378734a"

Button commands if needed

"Sendkey;{CTRL}{SHIFT}{F2}"
    "Sendkey;{CTRL}{SPACE}"

Comment

Thanks for your help Enforcer. I end up getting evoscan embedded using the following code:

Code:

LOAD;Evoscan.skin;Evoscan;C:\Program Files\EvoScan\EvoScan v2.6\EvoScan.exe| /AutoStartDataLogger /LoadGaugeLayout="Evo5rsV9.xml";!WindowsForms10.window.8.app.0.378734a

Using this code, Evoscan is executed, logging automatically started and the virtual gauges displayed. However it has caused a new problem!!! Using the above code, only the virtual gauge window is embedded in RR and the logging window is free to move around my windows desktop and sometimes sits ontop of the RR skin buttons.

If I use this code:

Code:

LOAD;Evoscan.skin;Evoscan;C:\Program Files\EvoScan\EvoScan v2.6\EvoScan.exe| /AutoStartDataLogger /LoadGaugeLayout="Evo5rsV9.xml";!WindowsForms10.window.8.app.0.378734a!EvoScan v2.6 - CAN/OBDII/MUTII/MUTIII/OBD1/ALDL/SSMI/SSMII DataLogger - www.evoscan.com

The opposite occurs in that the logger window is embedded in the skin and the virtual gauge window floats around the desktop.

My question is, is it possible to embed 2 windows ontop of each other in the one skin?

If this is not possible, is it possible to setup a command so that say the virtual gauge windows is embed in one skin and displayed on the screen while the data logging window is embedded into another skin and loaded in the background and not displayed on the screen? That way when i hit the "evoscan" button on my main menu, the gauges will be displayed and then i can set up a button on the gauges skin which will display the logging window skin. So I should be able to toggle between the two windows?

Iv read through the skin commands.txt, but couldn't seem to find anything which would allow me to do what i want to do.

Regards
      Paul

Comment

You'll need an evoscan2.skin then just have the second command on a button in the evoscan.skin. (obviously you will need to change evoscan.skin to evoscan2.skin in that command.)

if you then have a button in evoscan2.skin with the first command it will then go back the the first skin.

Comment

Hey Paul. Were you able to get evoscan embedded? I would like to this also so I can start logging on my Mitsu.

Comment

Hi TOralliart,

Yes I got both evoscan virtual gauges and the main logging window embedded. I ended up doing as Enforcer said and have two separate skins set up with the gauges embedded in one and the logging window in the other. I still haven't got my system in the car, but on my desktop it seams to be working well. I have to add a button on skins which will allow me to toggle between the two.

Cheers
            Paul

Comment

Working...
            X