RR not opening/closing properly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR not opening/closing properly

I will admit that I didn't search too well, but I did search and didn't find much! Anyways, RR is not opening/closing properly.

- When I open RR, only a few things are visible...and it's only things that have text on it. So no logos, no backgrounds, no edges around buttons. Instead, I can see whatever is behind RR except for the text that is editable on buttons. Only when I click on a button (any button) does it properly load the skin in full. After that, I can return the main screen and it looks fine. This happens with any skin that I try (DFX4, Carwings, etc).

- Also, RR is killing Winamp like I have it set to do, but everytime I open RR, it opens without any songs loaded in Winamp even tho I have it set to resume music mode 2. So I have to browes and re-load all my songs. But if I open Winamp without RR, close it, and then re-open Winamp (again, without RR opening it), then the playlist is still saved.

The weird thing is, if I had last tuned to XM radio, then it'll start up in XM just fine (but the partially loaded skin is still an issue). Despite RR starting XM properly, everything in the Winamp playlist is still gone.

Everything above happens everytime no matter what. Even when I leave the computer on and manually close/open RR, this still happens (so it's not my computer screwing things up during shutdown).

I have Flash, I have .NET 2.0 (with the SP1 update), and I have the latest Winamp. What else did I miss in my fresh install? Or what setting should I look into as a possible culprit?

Cheers
    Toyota Tacoma Install
    BMW 325Ci Install - Old

ZOTAC H55-ITX, Intel i3 & 320 Series SSD
    7" Lilliput 669GL, M4-ATX, SB X-Fi, XMPCR
    Win 7, RR, Garmin, DashCmd

Morel Elate 9 3way & IDQ10 ported (active 4-way),
    JL Audio HD Amps, Audison BitOne.1

not much we can start with here...

no idea what, version of RR, no idea what OS, lots of no ideas

provide some facts.... turn on debug, post a debug.txt (attach)

test ONLY with carwings dynamic lite...

if you uninstall, delete all files in rr dir(at least the .ini files) then resinstall
    and test... as installed, run rrconfig, set music folder, and start RR
    thats the minimum you need...

not to mention, a screen shot....

but i digress
    -Thanks
    Mitch
    www.rush2112.net

"Did you test it in carwings??"

Sun, Come shine my way
    May healing waters bury all my pain
    Wind, Carry me home
    The fabric of reality is tearing apart
    The piece of me that died
    Will return To live again

Comment

lol, yeah, I realized I forgot to post my OS as I was driving home...

I've got Windows 7 (64 bit) with a June '10 RR and DFX4.0. I had already gone through RRConfig and got things setup (XM, music path, etc). I haven't embedded anything else (like DashCommand or GPS) yet. It's a new computer (hardware is in sig) with a fresh install.

I'll do a screen shot and a debug.txt soon as I can get the kiddos fed and in bed.
      Toyota Tacoma Install
      BMW 325Ci Install - Old

Comment

DFX4 has some issues... you must remove the kill winamp...
        there are many posts about it

like i said, please only test with the supplied skin, carwings...
        -Thanks
        Mitch
        www.rush2112.net

Sun, Come shine my way
        Wind, Carry me home

Comment

so...ummm...how do I do a print screen when your mini keyboard doesn't have an instert/print screen button? lol

I attached the debug. I didn't have time take out DFX4 (my 1 month old is puking on me AGAIN as I try and type this)...so I just switched the skins and restarted in Carwings.

But all of the stuff in the first post happened from the beginning and before I ever installed DFX4 (I had actually hoped that it was a skin issue and loading DFX4 would fix it). Oh well.
          Attached Files
          Toyota Tacoma Install
          BMW 325Ci Install - Old

Comment

check that gdiplus.dll or gdipluswrapperrr.dll are reg'ed correctly can't remeber which 1 it usually is .

also check your rr.ini General\page 2 check the screen fastmode is set to GDI+

as for the winamp side of things i can asure you it has been removed from DFX5
            Riderunner / Genesis
            Plugin Breaker in test BassRR Plugin Player, Wifiman_NET
            New Home for Genesis & BassRR :adding to site ,, Hellfyre night
            Bassrr Beta Release :Version 1.3.7
            Movie_info Release :Version 3.1.0
            Wifiman_NET:Version 1.0.0

Every Future, Needs A Beginning

Comment

I am seeing the same symptoms on the loading...but it's not all the time (just most of the time )

I also run Win7 - 32bit, May's version of RR, winamp 5.13, Asus Xonar, etc.

I'll try re-registering that dll and see if that helps. It didn't always do this either, it just started about 3 weeks ago and I've just lived with it since clicking on anything brings the screen back.

I'll take a pic with my phone and post it. Quality won't be there, but you'll see what we're talking about. Although...my luck I'll go out and boot the thing up and it'll work fine

-yes...GDI+ is also set in the rrconfig.

:EDIT: - also, I'm using the default Carwings Lite that RR comes with. Nothing special. Just Music, Igo8 Garmin, and iGuidance 4. No other plugins.

:EDIT 2: figures...I went out and it loads up fine. Booted the thing 10 times, all worked fine. Guess it fixed itself.

Comment

I thought RR was already closed.

I kid, i kid!
                Former author of LinuxICE, nghost, nobdy.
                Current author of Automotive Message Broker (AMB).
                Works on Tizen IVI. Does not represent anyone or anything but himself.

Comment

Originally posted by BimmaDrew View Post
                  so...ummm...how do I do a print screen when your mini keyboard doesn't have an instert/print screen button? lol

I attached the debug. I didn't have time take out DFX4 (my 1 month old is puking on me AGAIN as I try and type this)...so I just switched the skins and restarted in Carwings.

But all of the stuff in the first post happened from the beginning and before I ever installed DFX4 (I had actually hoped that it was a skin issue and loading DFX4 would fix it). Oh well.

i see nothing alarming in your debug.txt...

so.. without maybe a screen shot, i dont see any issues...

make sure u have real video drivers installed, not the base ones that come with windows 7
                  -Thanks
                  Mitch
                  www.rush2112.net

Sun, Come shine my way
                  Wind, Carry me home

Comment

If all else fails, cuss at it more and threaten to re-image it. It seems that's about the time mine started working like it should again. Didn't do a thing to it other than that.

Comment

I love holidays! I finally had some time to work on my car...I now have a trunk again (after many months)!!! I've got a few minor things I still need to do, but for now, I am fine with MP3's and XM over my new stereo setup!

Anyways, I was able to install my new monitor and take a picture of my problem.

Interestingly, I installed the new July RR and the music now starts automatically and my playlist is saving where it left off!

The only problem is the visual problem as you can see in the picture. The text shows up and everything else is not there (at first). Instead, you are looking at the Windows 7 background, some of the icons, and the M4-ITX power supply monitoring software (top left)...which normally is behind RR. Winamp is minimized. Nothing else is running.

Once I click on any button, then the rest of skin loads properly (even the first menu screen which is what you are looking at in the attached picture).

Made sure all drivers were up to date (again)...video, audio, everything! lol
                      Attached Files
                      Toyota Tacoma Install
                      BMW 325Ci Install - Old

Comment

that is identical to what I was seeing. Wish I could be of more help, but mine seems to have fixed itself after being like that for a couple weeks. Didn't do a thing to it except threaten to pull the pc out and re-image it from scratch.

Comment

bimmadrew,

good luck on this issue...nice background though...

so anyone can help, ATTACH your rr.ini and debug.txt of a sesson.

tossing some darts here:

some issues with touchscreen driver?
                          -Thanks
                          Mitch
                          www.rush2112.net

Sun, Come shine my way
                          Wind, Carry me home

Comment

lol, threatening a re-image didn't work (yet). Maybe it knew I was bluffing for now. lol

mitchjs - you may be right about the TS driver. One of the first drivers I tried to install was the TS drivers to my super old xenarc...which didn't work. The screen was already failing before I put it in this car, but with the TS not working now, it was time for me to get a new one (sunlight readable too)!

Well, I tried to uninstall the Xenarc driver and it failed to do so (even in safe mode). After I installed the new screen and the new drivers, the TS worked like a charm. Too bad the problem still persists with the new screen and drivers...

I'm exploring some Win 7 tweaks...I'll let you guys know if something inadvertently fixes this RR issue.
                            Toyota Tacoma Install
                            BMW 325Ci Install - Old

Comment

We've done many tests with Win7 and Aero -- we have got it to work correctly on most systems, but if you're still having an issue, then simply disable "Desktop Composition" when running RR -- this should take care of your problem (which is likely related to the video card drivers). There is an option you can try so RR does this for you (just add this to rr.ini: disabledc=true) OR you can do this by right clicking the RR icon, and under the Compatibility Tab check "Disable desktop composotion", then hit "OK" -- everytime you start RR, desktop composition will be disabled automatically and everytime you exit RR, it will automatically enable itself.
                              Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                              "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Working...
                              X