Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ipod Star Ratings

I play all my music off my Ipod.

Is there a way I could give each track a star rating which would appear in itunes when I connect my ipod to my PC at home.

Reason is because I listen to a lot of new albums and would like to give crap tracks a 1 star which I would delete off my home PC.

Sonic did a ratings plugin for RR many moons ago, but it would not show up in iTunes.

However it did create 5 playlists based on the ratings, so maybe you could use that, then copy the 1 star m3u file and use that to go through you music and delete.

Comment

i "think" this is a smart spammer, i've seen a few of these type posts recently. But in the event its not, what are you trying to do with the songs you have rated? Does this have anything to do with RR(the subforum in which you posted.) There are ways that RR can rate songs (I'd suggest RRMedia because i dont support the ratings plugin anymore), but none of them will tie into itunes and its proprietary rating system.
      mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
      Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
      Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

It's possible to make an ipod library plugin with a lot of itunes functions, but this would require to have itunes installed and possibly running (that is without using of some unofficial DLLs).
        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
        "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
          i "think" this is a smart spammer, i've seen a few of these type posts recently. But in the event its not, what are you trying to do with the songs you have rated? Does this have anything to do with RR(the subforum in which you posted.) There are ways that RR can rate songs (I'd suggest RRMedia because i dont support the ratings plugin anymore), but none of them will tie into itunes and its proprietary rating system.

Errmmm.. no No spammer here.

I listen to a lot of different music (japanese, english, korean, chinese) and download a lot of albums. I like to keep my playlist tidy so what I normally do is have a "TEST" playlist and I rate each track as I listen to them. When back at the computer I delete those with 1 stars and sort the rest to relevant playlists until "TEST" playlist is empty.

I would also like to achieve the above in the car.

Any other ideas to achieve this.

Has this anything to do with RR? I'm a newbie but I think so. I thought a possible solution would be maybe a different skin or plugin with this function. But I haven't found any yet.

Comment

Yea, there is no real way to rate them, and have it show up in iTUnes. When you rate a song in iTunes, it just saves that rating to it's proprietary database.

You could easily add a "Delete Track" button in RideRunner. That would make it simpler.

Currently:
            Listen to song, find you do not like it, rate 1 star, wait some time till you check it on your computer, Go through the list for all the ones rated 1 star and delete them.

With a delete button in the skin:
            Listen to track, find you do not like it, Delete track.
            Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

Oh Thanks.

Can you post some links to how I can add a delete button?

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
                i "think" this is a smart spammer, i've seen a few of these type posts recently.....
                I looked at Christy's 20 posts; decided that was worth a profile check & figured Christy is smart enough to fool me as a spammer....

It's a fine line..... experience.

PS - Why did I look at this thread? I thought is was about Energy ratings... (Answer: "zero" LOL!)

Comment

Working...
                X