How can i get weather for my city??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can i get weather for my city??

Hi guys .... I not a guru at any of this....... i'm trying to get the weather for my city (Richards bay, South Africa) in RR but for some reason it does not pick up. I tried adding the name in RR config but still no luck. I think maybe there is no Weather forecast for my city on where RR pulls the info from. Is there a way to change it so it looks at another website or data source to retrieve the weather data?

thanks in advance.

Thanks.....thats what i got aswell. But the weather in Durban compared to where i am is almost all the time very different. So this can't be done??

Comment

This would most likely have to be a seperate weather PI taylored to another sites data. I would be 99% sure that their data is not identical to the weather.com's data. So that it could properly parse the data correctly.
      RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
      Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
      Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
      RRMedia
      RRExtended
      DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

The information could be parsed, as Blue said, but it would need to be a custom script. Weather Underground does have the weather for Richards bay, South Africa.

There are even RSS feeds for Weather Underground making it a bit easier to parse for sure.

Here is the RSS for Richards bay, South Africa
        Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

Thanks for your input guys....... but i'll keep trying to figure it out
          Hopefully it doesn't take too long. I want to get this into my Vdub a.s.a.p.

Comment

I know this is an old thread now, but thought I'd post in case anyone found this in a search.. I have updated the weather plugin to work with wunderground.com - you should be able to poll weather from that location with it.
            Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
            "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Wow Guino, I had no idea you were working on the weather plugin. I had been working on a new weather plugin as well, using World Wide Weather's feed. I had it mostly done. Well it is good to see there is a replacement already. Do you have a link to the new dll? Or will it just be a part of the next RR update?
              Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

Thanks!

Originally posted by guino View Post
                I know this is an old thread now, but thought I'd post in case anyone found this in a search.. I have updated the weather plugin to work with wunderground.com - you should be able to poll weather from that location with it.
                The weather in my city is so very different compared to the closest city the previous plugin used that did not include my city...... which basically rendered the plugin useless to me. But now i can put my weather skin back! Much appreciated for your time and effort.

I stand with the same question as JohnWPB.........Where will i find this plugin?

Last edited by RockWilder; 10-31-2011, 12:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X