Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moving From Centrafuse to Ride Runner Help Needed Please?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving From Centrafuse to Ride Runner Help Needed Please?

Hi,

I, like many others have now given up waiting for improvements and basic apparant lack of any interest from Flux & most importantly the awful media player (which is so very important to me as I have over 20,000 songs (I Drive 60,000+ miles a year) I certainly don't want this to start into an attack on CF as on the whole it has been ok, I have run the system since February without any major issues....I thank them for that.... So my mission is to have the following...

A good looking (wish there was something as polished as Windows Media Center) Front-End with plentyful media options & Sat Nav that would appear as if it is integrated into the Front End with music pausing or reducing in volume & having the turns pop up on the screen (like I have with CF & TempGP using Garmin)

I have tried Open Media which I really like, but as it has no Sat Nav Capability thats out.

I also liked Meego, but it is so far away from being what I want.

Then I installed the latest version of Ride Runner, the latest version of Winamp & the DFX5 Skin & have to say although it is more "hard work" to get working I am starting to see the fruits of my labour but I unfortunately have these issues before I can have a "complete" system.

1, I have created a button for Garmin on the front screen & set the GPS settings to External (& have tried menu) in RRConfig & set the path to my GarminmobilePC que.exe. When I click the Garmin button the voice says Garmin but I get a blank screen & Garmin does not start. If I exit RR & start que.exe first & then RR when I press the garmin button it comes up great but doesnt go away again. Also the Garmin Mobile PC works perfectly independant of any front end, but within RR if I click the Guages it cannot see my GPS, any ideas?

2, As I mentioned the media side of things is very important to me & have a problem with the search artist function. I have built my 20,000 songs into the database & can browse them & select the songs that I want & they play fine, but if I search for an artist, Song or Album I get a report of nothing found? When I installed winamp I didn't configure anything within winamp itself other than choose the default skin.

As I type I am now doing a fresh install from Windows XP to Windows 7 to see if that makes any difference...

I would appreciate any comments at all!

Many Thanks

You may get a better response if you post this in the DFX5 thread instead..
    OLD SYSTEM (DEAD)
    Intel D945GCLF2 Dual Core ATOM
    Lilliput 7" 629GL 2008 LED Backlight
    BU-353 USB GPS Receiver / iGuidance / IGO8
    M2-ATX Power Supply
    RideRunner Front End / Various Skins
    Windows XP SP3

Comment

Not sure about the garmin issues, but you need to run a gps splitter like xport, gpsplex, or gpsgate so that RR and garmin can both see the info.
      When you say database, are you referring to the rrmedia database?

Comment

Thank you for the replies....

I was unaware of needing a splitter for the gps do you know where I can find any info on this? Can you recommend which one would be best? As for the database yes I mean the RR database. Many thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by mbc0 View Post
          Thank you for the replies....

I was unaware of needing a splitter for the gps do you know where I can find any info on this? Can you recommend which one would be best? As for the database yes I mean the RR database. Many thanks again
          Xport is free and will work fine for a 32bit install, if you need some advanced logging/tracking, or you need to install in a 64bit windows OS then GPSgate is what your probably going to want, but it is not free.

It's likely your using/referencing the RRextended plugin for media, which is part of DFX5, which you'd be better off asking that aspect directly in the DFX5.0.3 thread.
          2008 Ford Mustang GT/CS CARPC(99%)
          Software: Ride/Road-Runner, Digital FX skin 5.x, iGuidance 2011, GPSgate on Win7 64bit

Comment

Working...
          X