embeded app first time start

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• embeded app first time start

I have sucessfully embeded an FB app to RR. Created a short cut and put it in start up folder with run minimized set. However during each fresh start the app still needs to pop out and resize. Is there a way we could preload the embeded app before RR starts?

Have you try with "RUNQ" command?

"RUNQ" - Same as RUN except that RR will run the command in the background (HIDDEN).

Add to ExecTBL:
    "ONSKINSTART","MYAPP"
    "MYAPP","RUNQ;C:\Program files\MyApp\MyApp.exe"

Comment

This is no solution to embedding the Fusion Control center, but another route to check out.

Sonic made a really good plugin for the FB. It allows all custom buttons and labels inside RR. It's worth checking out if you want a more customized look and feel.
      Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by JohnWPB View Post
        This is no solution to embedding the Fusion Control center, but another route to check out.

Sonic made a really good plugin for the FB. It allows all custom buttons and labels inside RR. It's worth checking out if you want a more customized look and feel.

My reading was a FaceBook app, but maybe I was wrong.

Comment

Ahhh maybe so! When I heard "app" I didn't even think of FaceBook
          Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

So, is it FaceBook or FusionBrain ?
            Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
            "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Don't know yet

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Dartman_71 View Post
                Have you try with "RUNQ" command?

"RUNQ" - Same as RUN except that RR will run the command in the background (HIDDEN).

Add to ExecTBL:
                "ONSKINSTART","MYAPP"
                "MYAPP","RUNQ;C:\Program files\MyApp\MyApp.exe"
                Tried it, the app starts but its still not clipped.

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
                You can preload screens, so maybe try preloading the skin/screen it embeds in.

Have a look in RRConfig
                The skin loads fine and fast....faster then clipping of the app...always get a see thru clipped area in the middle

My reading was a FaceBook app, but maybe I was wrong.
                Ahhh maybe so! When I heard "app" I didn't even think of FaceBook
                Originally posted by guino View Post
                So, is it FaceBook or FusionBrain ?
                Don't know yet
                I must admit, my first thought was for FusionBrain, but then I thought why would someone do that when there is Sonic's plugin?

But then again. . . . .
                Its Fusion Brain MDX. I'm using FB for gauges, the app consist of gauges and I embed it to rr using clipping and the app running behind. The problem is each time it starts (first time after a cold start of PC) the MDX app is started and running in taskbar. When I click the button I made for this app, it restores then clipped and fits in to the skin well. But before all this the skin has a see thru area. Is there a way to run and clipped the app (MDX) hidden during skin start?

Comment

anyone can help? or there is no such command.

Comment

I would try to offer some help but I'd have to mess with it before making any suggestions
                    RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
                    Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
                    Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
                    RRMedia
                    RRExtended
                    DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

I guess you're trying to control the window state (Restored/Minimized) when you load the screen to embed it ? If so, all I can think of is making commands to minimize/restore a window -- which we can do easily. Then you could open the screen and send the command to restore the window without having to "click" on it on the taskbar.

Let me know if this is what you need or if I am understanding it incorrectly.
                      Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                      "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

No, I think what he is saying is that RR restores the window before applying all the window tweaks and embeding, instead of doing that all that in the background or when the window is hidden and that way when RR does show the window, it pops up ready to go in the correct location. I have seen this a few other places in a few of the dfx scripts and we have coded them to help deal with this issue so that it appears to be a much cleaner imbeding process.

Some of the dirty tricks we have used to get the accomplished is:
                        First create a dummy transpartent window with the win title of what we want RR to embed then show it and wait for RR to grab it and reposition it.
                        Then we grab the window corrds (x,y,w,h) and create a hidden window of the actuall app with a different title set to those coords. Then we destroy the dummy window, and retitle the actual app window to the embed title and allow RR to very nicely just pop the window into place.

Hope this better explains what I'm pretty sure that he is getting at...
                        RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
                        Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
                        Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
                        RRMedia
                        RRExtended
                        DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

yea, I wanted to do what blue zx3 mention. Sorry if its very hard to understand....everyone seems to be guessing what I wanted to do...and appreciate for the help guys.

Originally posted by Blue ZX3 View Post
                          First create a dummy transpartent window with the win title of what we want RR to embed then show it and wait for RR to grab it and reposition it.
                          Then we grab the window corrds (x,y,w,h) and create a hidden window of the actuall app with a different title set to those coords. Then we destroy the dummy window, and retitle the actual app window to the embed title and allow RR to very nicely just pop the window into place.

Hope this better explains what I'm pretty sure that he is getting at...
                          I'm not very sure how to do this....is everything done in RR, like for example the dummy transparent window? Should it be an executable window?

Comment

Working...
                          X