is it possible to Autostart Pan Network, have a tether indicator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it possible to Autostart Pan Network, have a tether indicator

and/or have a Pan Network connect/disconnect button? I want to automate the tethering as much as possible, would also be great if there was a tether indicator.

Dont need a fully integrated bluetooth phone system, I use the OEM handsfree that came with the car, its fantastic and dont want to change it.

When RoadRunner loads, it gathers the weather information and loads it onto the main menu. May also load an RSS news feed ticker, so I can read the news, check the weather and make breakfast on the way to work.
    2008 350z GT Installed since April 22nd 2011 - Worklog
    2000 Protege Installed Since April 2, 2005 - Intel D201GLY|Fusion Brain|ODBPros ODBII|Engenius|GPS Rikaline|Powermate|Motorized Lilli
    Sound Stage
    Eclipse|MTX|Infinity

A lot of phones offer pan network through a standard windows "dial-up" (DUN) connection. If your phone does not require special applications installed (on the PC) to use the pan network, then it's most likely the case above -- being that the case, you can use rasdial.exe to connect and disconnect the pan network. It can also give you a connected status, but you'll probably need a script or something to parse the result and see if it's connected or not. You can probably just use the ONLINE indicator to know if it is connected since it will be offline when not connected and online when connected, this way you would only be using built-in RR features.

It is possible to make a fully automated plugin too, but won't be a lot different from what I just described.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Thanks guino, ill check it out. Also going to dig deeper into PDANET.
      I created an autoit script and it works fine but its not polished as it is run by mouse clicks.
      2008 350z GT Installed since April 22nd 2011 - Worklog
      2000 Protege Installed Since April 2, 2005 - Intel D201GLY|Fusion Brain|ODBPros ODBII|Engenius|GPS Rikaline|Powermate|Motorized Lilli
      Sound Stage
      Eclipse|MTX|Infinity

Comment

Working...
      X